Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broke my lube sizer

So I do need a heater.....ugh
    Lubsizing they said, it's so much easier and less hassle then powder coating they said.... Ugh why do I have to enjoy experimenting so much

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post
    So I do need a heater.....ugh
    Lubsizing they said, it's so much easier and less hassle then powder coating they said.... Ugh why do I have to enjoy experimenting so much

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
    You can get a hairdryer at Dollar General for $10 or less and it'll work fine. No matter what heater you choose it's going to take a while to warm the sizer up.

Boolit Master
    In the Winter I bring my Lubrisizer inside the washing room when not using it so that it's always at room temperature when I start working. That way it doesn't take more than a couple minutes with a hair dryer to soften the lube enough to flow. I've never permanently mounted it to a bench, preferring to use two small C-clamps instead so it's no problem to set-up or take-down. I put two small pieces of cardboard between the C-clamp and flange, so it doesn't mar up the paint. It still looks like new as a result in spite of being 40 or more years old.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwbolts View Post
    Never broke mine, but before i built a heater for mine I used to use a 60 watt light bulb in one of those aluminum shielded clamp on light. Unfortunately the old resistance incandescent light bulb, you know the healthy ones with little to no known harmful effect are now banned.
    Incandescent light bulbs are still available in limited numbers and sizes, but. But, they're expensive! Google is your friend.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

I used a cheap travel iron on a brass plate and plugged it into a P.I.D., adjusted temp as needed. Don't get it too warm and overpressure the lube, the result is messy.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12