Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Meatloaf recipes

Boolit Master

Meatloaf recipes

I don't use BBQ's or Smokers but like good meatloaf. I would like some recipes to make in the oven! My cook past in 2007 so can't ask her.

Boolit Master

Sausage and hamburger can of chopped tomatoes or fresh if available oatmeal eggs chopped onion and rice , add salt and pepper seasoning salts whatever is in cupboard , I do not usually measure much of anything , but I do boil the rice first and add bbq sauce and catsup some worcestershire sauce and soy sauce and any odd salsa in fridge , I will add chopped up celery and peppers to add a little more .

Kind of a use up whats cluttering fridge while making a dish that I cook in cast iron dutch oven , either on top or in oven , as it is a dish to be made to add more food to eat for less .

Boolit Buddy

My family likes this one. GW
    3# hamburger
    1 1/2 cup Quik Oats
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup chopped green pepper
    2 pkg dry Onion soup
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp dry mustard

Vendor Sponsor

I wanted restaurant/cafeteria style meat loaf where they use bread crumbs to "fill out" the recipe, it comes out softer than the home style with more meat and less filler. I added in a little chopped red bell pepper to add moisture, and snuck a little Sriracha into the glaze for a little kick. This is not my recipe, I printed it from the web and tried it, came out delicious so I am pasting the same recipe here (with my changes edited in):

The Best Classic Meatloaf recipe

This traditional meatloaf recipe is just like mom used to make, made with ground beef and a sweet and tangy glaze topping.
    Prep Time10 mins
    Cook Time55 mins
    Total Time1 hr 5 mins

Ingredients

1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
    1 cup dried bread crumbs
    1/2 cup diced yellow onion
    1/2 cup diced bell pepper
    1/2 cup milk
    1 large egg beaten
    2 tbsp. ketchup
    1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1 tsp. dried parsley leaves
    3/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

For the Topping:
    1/4 cup ketchup
    2 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
    1 tsp. Sriracha
    1 tbsp. red wine vinegar

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
    In a large bowl, add the bread crumbs, onion, bell pepper, milk, egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Use a large spoon to mush and mix these ingredients together until well combined. Add ground beef and mix until fully combined* Add the meat mixture to a loaf pan. Pat the meat down into an even layer.

In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup ketchup, the brown sugar, sriracha, and vinegar. Stir to combine.
    Pour the sauce on top of the meatloaf and spread it into an even layer.
    Bake uncovered for 55 minutes OR until internal temperature in the center reaches 165F.
    Let the meatloaf rest for 8-10 minutes before serving (or it may fall apart).**

Notes
    *Be sure to mix the meat really well. This is a very moist meatloaf recipe so under mixing can cause the meatloaf to be too soft/mushy.
    **I use two thin spatulas to remove the meatloaf from the pan and transfer it to a cutting board. You could also slice and serve the meatloaf directly from the loaf pan, or use parchment paper to line the pan for easy removal.

Nutrition
    Serving: 1portion = 1/10th of the meatloaf | Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.8g | Protein: 11.7g | Fat: 5.7g | Saturated Fat: 2.2g | Cholesterol: 49.9mg | Sodium: 399.3mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 6.7g

Attachment 322430
    Last edited by DougGuy; 01-21-2024 at 04:09 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Meatloaf 93% Lean. Avoid fat.

Funny you should ask. Just put 1 in the oven. Bake 1 Hour.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20240121_172536.jpg  
    Last edited by 243winxb; 01-21-2024 at 06:41 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

For a basic add your own flavors meatloaf...

2 pounds ground beef
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup of oat flour(I fill my spice coffee grinder with oatmeal and pulse it until I have flour)
    salt to taste
    pepper to taste
    medium grated onion(grate it in the mixing bowl to get all the onion juice)
    Ketchup over the top before baking

Mix the above until just mixed except ketchup, do not over do this or you get tough meatloaf. I then add the ketchup on top, bake at 350 until 165 internal temp.

This is a basic meatloaf, one i make often. But you can add cheese, mushrooms, olives, veggies etc etc etc, go wild! Wrap it in bacon instead of the ketchup...

Boolit Master
    My mom and wife both would put about 1" of milk around the loaf. Both said it made it tender and added moisture. Anyone know about this and make their meatloaf this way? Going to try the 1 lb ones first.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I wanted restaurant/cafeteria style meat loaf where they use bread crumbs to "fill out" the recipe, it comes out softer than the home style with more meat and less filler. I added in a little chopped red bell pepper to add moisture, and snuck a little Sriracha into the glaze for a little kick. This is not my recipe, I printed it from the web and tried it, came out delicious so I am pasting the same recipe here (with my changes edited in):

The Best Classic Meatloaf recipe

This traditional meatloaf recipe is just like mom used to make, made with ground beef and a sweet and tangy glaze topping.
    Prep Time10 mins
    Cook Time55 mins
    Total Time1 hr 5 mins

Ingredients

1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
    1 cup dried bread crumbs
    1/2 cup diced yellow onion
    1/2 cup diced bell pepper
    1/2 cup milk
    1 large egg beaten
    2 tbsp. ketchup
    1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1 tsp. dried parsley leaves
    3/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

For the Topping:
    1/4 cup ketchup
    2 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
    1 tsp. Sriracha
    1 tbsp. red wine vinegar

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
    In a large bowl, add the bread crumbs, onion, bell pepper, milk, egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Use a large spoon to mush and mix these ingredients together until well combined. Add ground beef and mix until fully combined* Add the meat mixture to a loaf pan. Pat the meat down into an even layer.

In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup ketchup, the brown sugar, sriracha, and vinegar. Stir to combine.
    Pour the sauce on top of the meatloaf and spread it into an even layer.
    Bake uncovered for 55 minutes OR until internal temperature in the center reaches 165F.
    Let the meatloaf rest for 8-10 minutes before serving (or it may fall apart).**

Notes
    *Be sure to mix the meat really well. This is a very moist meatloaf recipe so under mixing can cause the meatloaf to be too soft/mushy.
    **I use two thin spatulas to remove the meatloaf from the pan and transfer it to a cutting board. You could also slice and serve the meatloaf directly from the loaf pan, or use parchment paper to line the pan for easy removal.

Nutrition
    Serving: 1portion = 1/10th of the meatloaf | Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.8g | Protein: 11.7g | Fat: 5.7g | Saturated Fat: 2.2g | Cholesterol: 49.9mg | Sodium: 399.3mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 6.7g

Attachment 322430
    This is the same recipe my mom would use, with the exception of the bread crumbs. She would a cup of cooked rice and a cup or so of firm cheese. Same recipe I use today.
    Last edited by gbrown; 01-24-2024 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Add Info
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.