RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: My homemade Golden powder!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by HamGunner View Post
    I checked on the Golden, Crimson, and the Gray w/Magnesium and all are still plenty loose & dry. They are stored in my basement reloading/hobby room where it is climate controlled, but there are plenty of days where the humidity has exceeded 60% or more. Sealed containers seem to be plenty good enough for me.
    Its possible in my case it was not dry enough to begin with. Sealed containers keep the moisture IN as well....

I left the most recent batch of starch powder in the dehydrator a whole extra day and it made nice hard granules that still pour like sand. I don't know how I messed up the manganese powder but it at least does still pour correctly. I do have silica gel packs inbound, I'll see what I can do with those.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 S&W Long, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, 10mm, 44 Special 44 Magnum. .223, 7.62x39, 7.62 x 54R, .30-06, 45-70, .32, .36, .44. .45. .50. .54. .58 and .60 round ball and various minies. And .375 heel crimped conical for those .36 conversions . KB6MRP on Discord

Boolit Buddy
    As soon as I do a test, I leave some of the powder on a plate on the table and observe. So I can observe the hygroscopic potential of each one and I discard the worst ones.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TM101 View Post
    I found a place that makes re-usable silica gel packs. News to me that this even existed, apparently you pop them in a microwave on defrost for about 10 minutes and it steams all the collected moisture out of them.
    Almost all silica gel pack descants can be rejuvenated in a dehydrator, or oven. I did not know about using a microwave. We used to used them at work and we had a dehydrator that used heat lamps to rejuvenate them.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122