Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Sig M11-A1 on the way!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar

Sig M11-A1 on the way!

Made a big mistake and went to the fun store after work. Under the glass they had a Sig Sauer M11-A1, the military version of the P-229. I've been lusting over them for years. It is in good used condition with original box and three factory mags. Surprisingly, they were only asking $600.00 for it. New they are over a grand if you can even find one. The only used one I've ever seen was $900.00.

The manager could tell I was about to capitulate, and she said I could have it for $575.00 and do a six month layaway. I accepted the checkmate, and put some money down. The Sig P-220 series are my favorite bottom feeders after the Browning Hi Power. My first 9mm was a Sig P6, the single stack version that spawned the P228/229, and I've always kicked myself for letting it go. So, this one is not getting away!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Nice!!!

Don't know what's more impressive, the price or the pistol itself.

Enjoy

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Thanks. Only thing I found "wrong" with the M11 was the finish has some honest holster wear and the OEM plastic grips were replaced with some very nice aftermarket wood grips. None of which bothers me at all. My Sig P6 was definitely one of the best pistols I've ever had. Sold it to my BFF who was a diehard wheelgun guy and he suddenly understood that a bottom feeder could be a good gun too, which I never thought would happen. When I get the M11 out of jail I may look for an adjustable rear sight for it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.