Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: For thought and meditation Fri Jan 19 2024

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and meditation Fri Jan 19 2024

Your One Thing
    by Greg Laurie on Jan 19, 2024

The one thing I ask of the LORD—the thing I seek most—is to live in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, delighting in the LORD’s perfections and meditating in his Temple.
    —Psalm 27:4

The most spiritual people I’ve met have been the most down-to-earth. They didn’t speak in pious tones or act like they were above it all. The truly godly people I’ve known have been fun to be around. They’ve been great salt-of-the-earth kind of people.

David was a truly spiritual man. We know this from the psalms he wrote. They’re a window into his soul. For instance, he wrote, “My heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises!” (Psalm 57:7 NLT).

David was focused. He knew where he was going and wasn’t fickle. He knew what mattered in life.

In Psalm 27:4, he said, “The one thing I ask of the Lord—the thing I seek most—is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord’s perfections and meditating in his Temple” (NLT).

The apostle Paul had a similar goal in life. He said, “No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us” (Philippians 3:13–14 NLT).

Do you have this “one thing” in life like Paul did? Do you know where you are going? Do you know what really matters?

The problem is that a lot of us don’t know what matters in life. We’re trying to live in two worlds. We want to be Christians on the weekend. We’ll go to a church service, but the rest of the week we leave God out of our lives.

God wants to be a part of everything we do. He wants to be at the forefront of our lives.

What is your one thing in life that is more important than anything else? What are you really focused on?

Some people might say their one thing in life is their business. They want be successful. They want to get established. They want to make money and a lot of it.

Another person might say their one thing is family. They want a strong family and don’t want it to fall apart.

Someone else might say their one thing in life is ministry. They want God to use them.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to succeed in business, wanting a strong family, or wanting an effective ministry. But if you make that your main thing, then it is the wrong thing. The main thing should be Jesus.

A truly spiritual person is someone who can enjoy life and love God. A truly spiritual person can have fun but at the same time know where their priorities are.

If you put God first in your life, He might not give you everything you want. Or, He might give you more than you want. But He always will give you what you need.

Have a great day!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    Yes!
    Me...trying to be a better man than I was yesterday.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master

Amen.