Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Quickload thread

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BCB View Post
    tests

This is what I have downloaded...

Where do I drag the noe.bul file to?...

Thanks...BCB
    The download will be a zip file. unzip the download and the file you want is the file titled noe.bul

The QuickLoad Bullet files are usually located in your computer at:

C:\Users\ "Your User Name" \Documents\QuickLOAD\data\bullets\

If the quick load files are not there then look in

C:\Users\Public\Documents\QuickLOAD\data\bullets folder.

You need to drop that noe.bul file into the folder named bullets.
    Last edited by Tom Myers; 12-24-2016 at 09:33 PM.
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Boolit Master

Got it!!!...

I just recieved my 311-202-RN today in the mail...

I am going to cast a few tomorrow and get ready for an MGM 30-40 Krag barrel I have ordered...

Hopefully all will workout...

I purchased a 279-124-FP from NOE some time back and it shoots excellent in my 6.8mm SPC Contender. Now I can actually get the data from QL for this boolit...

Thanks and Merry Christmas...BCB

Boolit Mold
    Being new to Quickload, I've just been mucking around with it and cross-checking with manuals. What I have no clue about is what range should some of the outputs be in?

1. Muzzle Pressure. Lower is better, right? I've seen numbers from 600-ish, up to 5000-ish. What pressure is an upper limit/zone?

2. Amount of propellant burned. This surprises me. I lust looked up (Lyman # 44) .38 spl, bullet 358495 (141 gr), 95gr of 4227. This shows a rather low pressure graph, (6458 Pmax), 611fps, but only 30-ish% powder burned. 30%? Yikes.

What are good middle of the road numbers for these factors in general?

I'm trying to build trust in QL, but I find that while velocities may at times match, the pressure curve can at times seem way low or way high compared to printed data. I like the program but need to have confidence that I'm not in a danger zone...

Boolit Grand Master

I don't trust QL pressures when it comes to straight wall cases. This is one of the known issues w/ the program. It does great w/ bottle neck cases. But pressures are all over the place w/ straight wall cases.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I don't trust QL pressures when it comes to straight wall cases. This is one of the known issues w/ the program. It does great w/ bottle neck cases. But pressures are all over the place w/ straight wall cases.
    Seriously? Quickload is supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Did I just waste $150?

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I have had much higher velocity predictions than real world chrony says, but the pressures for pistol cases seems to be about right.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I have had much higher velocity predictions than real world chrony says, but the pressures for pistol cases seems to be about right.
    W/out pressure testing equipment you're just assuming the pressure "seems about right". The predictions for straight wall cases vary to much for me to trust it. Like I said, this is a known issue and it's been talked about for years.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgpobog View Post
    Seriously? Quickload is supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Did I just waste $150?
    No you did quite good actually. I have found QL to be a huge asset to help in working up loads before firing the first shot and especially so when taking the time to measure cast bullets there is no data for and cc'ing the brass. I have saved the purchase price in components saved in many cases.

Boolit Master

Well it appears I need to get a new computer—the present one is acting insane and it has been to a repair shop and I honestly think it came back in worse condition, I know it did--many self-proclaimed geniuses everywhere. When I get a new computer, I will make my “Neanderthal Adjustments” to this computer with a Louisville Slugger…

My question: Can all of the QL data, along with the program, be transferred across to the new computer. Or will I have to install QL again on the new computer and lose all my stored data?...

Thanks…BCB

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BCB View Post
    Well it appears I need to get a new computer—the present one is acting insane and it has been to a repair shop and I honestly think it came back in worse condition, I know it did--many self-proclaimed geniuses everywhere. When I get a new computer, I will make my “Neanderthal Adjustments” to this computer with a Louisville Slugger…

My question: Can all of the QL data, along with the program, be transferred across to the new computer. Or will I have to install QL again on the new computer and lose all my stored data?...

Thanks…BCB
    Yes you will need to install QuickLoad on your new computer with the installation disk. The good news is that you can locate your present quickload data files and simply copy them over the newly installed data files.

Depending on how you installed the program on your old computer, the files may be located at either of these two locations

C:\Users\ "Your User Name" \Documents\QuickLOAD\data\

C:\Users\Public\Documents\QuickLOAD\data\

The folder named data has all the quickload component data files in it. Locate the data folder and copy it to a CD or Thumb Drive before you trash your old computer. Then, when you install the Quickload program on your new computer, locate the Quickload\data folder and you can either copy the individual component files or the complete data folder.

Hope this helps.
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Boolit Master

Thanks...

I will copy the info you posted and show it to the guy who is building me my new computer. He should be able to take care of it--I hope so anyhow...

Thanks again...BCB

Boolit Mold
    Hi,
    My first post.
    I purchased Quickload a few years ago installed on my computer then basically never used it because 1) I had other stuff to do, 2)it didn't have the cartridge I was interested in and 3) IMO excessively complicated.
    Anyway, now am trying to install on a new computer (old one broke) and part way through the install it stops and gives me error message "Path/file access error". I click the retry button to no avail. At this point the only option appears to uninstall the partial install and start over which I did several times with no success.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Miles

Boolit Buddy

Guys

I just found an update disc that I had filed away, and forgotten about, for my QL program from Jan/2016 that I need to upload.
    I have over 50+ Wildcat cases loaded in QL now, that I need to save the info on.

I can't remember on how to save this info, I need a refresher course on how to do, again.
    Running Win 10 program.

Last time, I forgot to save the info, and had to re-enter all the spec's etc.
    Any help?

Tia,
    Don

Boolit Master

WINDOWS 10 INSTALLATION...

Just got Windows 10 because I need a new computer...

I tried to install QL on this computer and it was a "no go"...

Is it comparable with Windows 10?...

Thanks...BCB

Boolit Buddy

BCB

I am running QL on Win 10, with no problems.

Just checked Neconos site,
    here is some info on Win set up,

Windows 10 Installation Insrtuctions:When you want install older versions of QL as there is QL V.3.6 or V.3.8 under Windows10 the install program will produce an error at the end just before finishing the installation and after installing the pdf-manuals. Solution:
    Do not react on error screen by pressing "try again" or "Cancel" button! Instead invoke task manager (Hotkey=Ctrl-Alt-Del) and terminate Quickload setup process.
    Everything you need is installed properly on your computer. You'll find QuickLoad, QuickTarget, QuickTarget Unlimited in Start menu under "all apps".
    You may attach them manually to "Start" area. (right click on program icon and select "fix it to Start") This is because Win10 does no longer allow Desktop icons programatically installed. Therefore the installer has to be altered. QL v3.6 allowes the user to select "Install desktop icons and entries in Start menu" Because of Win8 (no longer Start menu) it was altered to force desktop icons for QL 3.8. QL v.3.9 has now Start menu entries but no desktop icons (the user cannot select desktop icons, they were switched off when installer detects Win10. Furthermore the de-install Icon is not installed in Start menu. De-install is available by right click on Start button and select: "programs and features" you will find a Quickload entry for de-installing.
    The newest version of QuickLOAD is now available. It is Version 3.9. No need to upgrade to 3.9. It only corrects the need to go through the above procedures to install on Windows 10. No new data on 3.9.

HTH,

Tia,
    Don

Boolit Master

Thanks, that worked...

I just installed the latest update with no problems at all...

Before I transferred all of my previous computer to this new one, I copy and pasted data I had entered to QL into a flash drive in hopes I could put it in the new installation of QL on this computer. I simply copied and pasted and they went in nicely. Almost too easy for me!!!...

So, I'm up and running again...

But, Windows 10 might be another story!...

Thanks again...BCB

Boolit Buddy

Well,
    It has been 19 days and no one has offered any help on saving the cartridge files, so I don't lose all my data.
    I am running Win 10 and can not the QL files in Win 10.

Tia,
    Don

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by nvreloader View Post
    Well,
    It has been 19 days and no one has offered any help on saving the cartridge files, so I don't lose all my data.
    I am running Win 10 and can not the QL files in Win 10.

Tia,
    Don
    If you can start QL and use your cartridge files, they are still on your computer, in one of these locations:

C:\Users\ "Your User Name" \Documents\QuickLOAD\data\

C:\Users\Public\Documents\QuickLOAD\data\

You can open the data folder and see folders for cartridge, bullet, powder, etc, just copy the entire data folder to a usb drive and you should be able to save it.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy

Doug Guy

Thank you for the info, worked perfectly,
    I had to search the 3 different hard drives in this plastic box,
    but finally found the QL data files, and have saved the info etc.

Tia,
    Don

Boolit Master

The last update I used was from Jan 2016. Was that the latest update? Thanks-
    I shoot so that I can handload.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast