MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Quickload thread

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GLShooter View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked 100 times but.. I am doing a wildcat based on the 6X45. I want to save the file changes specific to the case length and case capacity etc. and I want to name it, let's say, 6 MM Whacker and have it in my pull down cartridge listings along with the other hundreds available. How can I do that?

Any help would be appreciated as I've been fighting this silently for months,

Greg.
    GLShooter,

You can use the procedures listed in the menu items at the upper left of the form.
    First, click on "Main Menu"
    Select "Case / Caliber data"
    Then click on "Data Add, Change, Load, Save" and select the "Change data records in active file".

The Cartridge Edit form will appear.

Click the small down-arrow at the upper right of the cartridge edit form and select the cartridge that you are wildcatting.( or any cartridge will do)

Change the cartridge name to your new wildcat cartridge name. Edit all values and dimension to your new cartridge and be sure to click the "Add New" button.

Your new cartridge will be added to the bottom of the list of cartridges. (The next time you open the QuickLoad program, your cartridge will be in it's proper place in the listing.

The new cartridge may now be selected just as any other cartridge.

Hope this helps.
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Thanks for that one Tom. That's the way I do them and couldn't remember the steps. I think I will print your well illustrated instructions to paste on my wall. I always struggle remembering how.

Boolit Man
    Thank you so much. I was a chicken to change any thing ACTIVE. LOL Old age and overly cautious. That worked out well and it is now attached to my OM's.

Greg
    The best gun for self defense? Any loaded one will do.

Vendor Sponsor

When figuring out loads, how important is the Ballistic Efficiency number and what does it really say about the load?
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Bub
    Can someone tell me if the quickloads 3.9 has data for 458socom, 6.5x55 Swedish mauser and 45-70? thanks

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by original View Post
    Can someone tell me if the quickloads 3.9 has data for 458socom, 6.5x55 Swedish mauser and 45-70? thanks
    I see listings for all 3.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by original View Post
    Yes, it does. But the cartridges are the least of the concerns. Powder choices are what matters.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the info.

Vendor Sponsor

Does anyone have a .bul file for LBT boolits?

Vendor Sponsor

Well well well... I got QuickLoad to install and run in FreeBSD!

The distro I am using is PC-BSD 10.3 which I installed Virtualbox, then installed a stripped down copy of Windows XP into virtualbox, and QuickLoad very happily installed into this virtual XP and runs great. It does NOT KNOW it isn't running on a native install of windows.

I will get a screenshot or two when I can get the display sorted out.

Edit: Installed a stripped down copy of Windows 7 into virtualbox, and QuickLoad installs and runs in this one also, now I can get rid of the virtual XP machine..

PC-BSD is really nice, easy to install and use, and best of all it AIN'T MICROSOFT!

QuickLoad running in a virtual Windows 7 on the PC-BSD desktop:

Last edited by DougGuy; 08-23-2016 at 11:56 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

Had to abandon PC-BSD and move to Linux Mint which has much better hardware support for bluetooth devices, and raid controllers which I have one in each machine.

I originally installed VirtualBox in Linux, which allows a full blown install of any Windows OS to run within the VM, and it also runs QuickLoad just like it would run in Windows, it does not know that Windows is running in a virtual environment in Linux. Neither does Windows know it is running in a virtual environment. Slick stuff

QuickLoad runs great in Linux Mint 18. It had a couple of issues at install where you have to choose a font because the font it wants to use is not in Linux but after that, it installs and runs nicely.

This screenshot is the Cinnamon desktop distro running QuickLoad 3.9 in WINE, an emulator that lets you run Windows programs in Linux. This is 64bit Linux Mint, 64bit WINE, and the 64bit version of QuickLoad.

Last edited by DougGuy; 08-30-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Boolit Master

Can anyone help me include BE-86 into the powder selection?
    I shoot so that I can handload.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Quote Originally Posted by fatelvis View Post
    Can anyone help me include BE-86 into the powder selection?
    I bought their most current update but Alliant BE-86 was not in there, unless I did something wrong
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Master

I bought the most recent update also, and you are correct, it isn't in there. I would gladly pay the $15 every year, to keep the list up to date. I love this program and use it constantly.
    I shoot so that I can handload.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by fatelvis View Post
    I bought the most recent update also, and you are correct, it isn't in there. I would gladly pay the $15 every year, to keep the list up to date. I love this program and use it constantly.
    I would be willing to pay more than that. There are a lot of new powders on the market now. I know I've said it a lot in this thread already. But they need to update the powders more often. I have a bunch of powders that aren't listed that I want to work up loads w/.

Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Had to abandon PC-BSD and move to Linux Mint which has much better hardware support for bluetooth devices, and raid controllers which I have one in each machine.

I originally installed VirtualBox in Linux, which allows a full blown install of any Windows OS to run within the VM, and it also runs QuickLoad just like it would run in Windows, it does not know that Windows is running in a virtual environment in Linux. Neither does Windows know it is running in a virtual environment. Slick stuff

QuickLoad runs great in Linux Mint 18. It had a couple of issues at install where you have to choose a font because the font it wants to use is not in Linux but after that, it installs and runs nicely.

This screenshot is the Cinnamon desktop distro running QuickLoad 3.9 in WINE, an emulator that lets you run Windows programs in Linux. This is 64bit Linux Mint, 64bit WINE, and the 64bit version of QuickLoad.

I wish I had those computer skills

I have been running Linux Maya Mint for years, cannot abide micro****e. I run a laptop with windows XP for Quickload. It is a tad inconvenient and I would love to get Quickload running on my Linux PC.

Your post is mostly meaningless words to me, impressive none the less, well done.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I would be willing to pay more than that. There are a lot of new powders on the market now. I know I've said it a lot in this thread already. But they need to update the powders more often. I have a bunch of powders that aren't listed that I want to work up loads w/.
    +1
    Would love to have an update of a bunch of powders. So many old cartridges and new powders I would love to do some work with. If I was retired I could spend the time and money and do the work myself but I am not and use Quickload to get me to a good starting place in a lot less time.

Thomas
    "Just let it go."
    Don "Big Daddy" Davis 2003

Vendor Sponsor

QuickLoad v3.9 running in Chapeau Linux (a custom distro built on the Fedora 23 kernel optimized for multimedia and gaming) with wallpaper sniped out of a Microsoft themes package, and the Cinnamon desktop installed as well.

Fellas, and ladies, the reasons for sticking with the aggravations of Windows grows smaller every day, linux is no longer "the future" it is the right now..

Quote Originally Posted by dromia View Post

I have been running Linux Maya Mint for years, cannot abide micro****e. I run a laptop with windows XP for Quickload. It is a tad inconvenient and I would love to get Quickload running on my Linux PC.
    Piece of cake actually, your linux distro probably has WINE already installed in it, if not open the software manager and search for WINE. Install it, and open the WINE configuration, it will probably want to install the mono component, and the gecko component, just follow it through and click yes to all of it's prompts.

Put the QuickLoad cd in the drive, once linux mounts the cdrom drive, navigate to the setup.exe on the cd, rt. click and choose "Open With Wine Program Installer" and run the install. If it errors and says "This program must be run from cdrom" I found out that removing and reinserting the cd will allow the installer to continue. You may have to do this a time or two, it is how linux mounts the cdrom that messes with the QL installer. Once it figures out it is being run from cdrom it will install.

It may give an error about fonts, just select a convenient font in the options window and it will be happy.
    Last edited by DougGuy; 09-25-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Boolit Buddy

FWIT,

You can add a cartridge file by using the forth Icon at the top,
    Pull up a case that is close to your intended case,
    then click the 4th Icon,
    you can then change any of the case spec's,
    rename to your case/spec's etc,
    then click save,
    this case spec's will be at the very bottom of case selections,
    until you close/exit QL.

Pay attention to case lengths and case capacity's,
    of your new case etc.

When you restart QL,
    your case will be in the proper selections of the case spec's etc.

You can also make a bullet file
    by Diameter, ie, .172,
    save that diameter,
    when loaded in QL,
    it will pull ALL .172 diameter bullet, QL has
    that are NOT shown under the major Brands, Plus ALL brand names etc.
    which includes a lot of cast bullets of different brand names etc.

You can and have to make each file a dedicated DIAMETER, ie .357, .358, .359 etc,
    depending the OEM/your diameters.

You can add any bullet spec's,
    by using a very close match of a existing bullet,
    clicking on the fifth Icon,
    then change the spec's to fit your bullet,
    same and the case file (4th Icon) etc.

By using the 15th Icon,
    you can see the load data, for the case/powder you have on the main screens.

Select your case, bullet, powder first,
    then click the 15th Icon,
    a new screen will pop up,
    bottom left hand corner,
    enlarge and see the powder/PSI step range for that powder/bullet combo etc.

You can adjust the powder, bullet seating depth, etc, or any other spec's,
    and select the 15th Icon, to see the new info.

By using the 16th Icon, you can set a lot of spec's to your spec's to want to use,
    for checking which powder may work, fps you want, PSI levels etc.

I always set the 2 slider bars at the top fast and slow steps,
    QL will check all powders that way.

When updating QL,
    be sure to SAVE your you personal files for bullets, cases etc,
    as QL update will not save that info etc,
    then you have to go hunt up the info,
    don't ask how I know.

HTH,

Tia,
    Don

ps, I have the latest update disc coming,
    should be here, this week.

Moderator Emeritus
    Piece of cake? Not in my case.

I don't seem to be able to get WINE to install, I can get the WINE install window up, I hit the install button, a progress bar appears at the bottom gets to 16% and the disappears. I've checked and it isn't installed.

Nothing is simple with these bloody computers they just suck away your life trying to get them to do what you want and nine time out of ten failing in the process, they are very debilitating to ones well being.

I've also loaded virtual box which loaded fine after a couple of tries but it is now asking me to put in a windows XP disc which I don't have.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast