Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Quickload thread

Boolit Mold
    I was wondering how long it took y'all to receive your software? I'm going on 2 weeks

Boolit Master

That was about how long it took me to receive my disc...

It seemed like it took forever, but you should be getting your copy soon...

Good-luck...BCB

Boolit Grand Master

Anyone develop a powder profile for Accurate LT-32. I figured it was in Quickload when I bought it. Of course I was wrong.

Boolit Master

Handloader, Dec 2014 has an article about Lt-32 with some load data.

Boolit Mold
    Being a tech junkie, reloader, and software developer...I've been wanting to play with QL for years. BUT, many of the powders I use still aren't included from what I've seen. (Alliant E3, WST, WSF, etc).

It seems that one of the main strengths of QL is to develop potential loads using cartridge and powder combinations that are off the beaten path. But if data doesn't exist for some of the most common powders available (and apparently only gets updated every couple of years), what's the point?

Sure wish those other powders were available, or the data was available so they could be entered. Looks like a fun and useful program otherwise.
    Last edited by calan; 02-05-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Boolit Mold
    just seems to take forever to get

Boolit Mold
    Seriously? Why not provide it as a locked download like everyone else has done for the last 5 years?

My interest in this software shrinks with every thread about it that I visit.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm hoping mine gets here soon. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Mold
    I received my copy yesterday and now it is time to play

Boolit Grand Master
    I got mine yesterday also. Very simple to use. Amazing
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Mold
    I had ver 3..3 for quite a while and upgraded to 3.5 it expanded the bullet and powder databases significantly. You may find your missing powders if you upgrade. Let me know which ones in particular and I can look and see if they are in there.

Boolit Mold
    Alliant E3, WST, WSF

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by calan View Post
    Alliant E3, WST, WSF
    I have version V.3.8 and none of the powders you listed are on that version--I think that may be the latest version, unless there is an update for it...

Good-luck...BCB

Boolit Master

Anyone having problems with QuickTarget when you enter the horizontal bullet impact from line of sight?...

Mine does the calculations for 0.9" no matter what is entered...

I have noticed this several times and now I can not get it to enter the -0.43 that I want to enter...

I have closed the program and even restarted the computer...

This is very discouraging. I hate to reinstall QuickTarget as I will most likely loose all of my saved data...

This is not good and appears to be a major problem if I can't get it resolved--I sure expected more for $150+...

Thanks...BCB

Some shotgun powders won't be included in the QL database as they exhibit pressures (pressure curves or erratic pressures) that are not compatible when used in rifles/handguns. All Hercules shotgun powders were tested at rifle pressures, dunno about Alliant and E3. Maybe it just hasn't been included yet as the the creator of QL has not yet had it checked in a calorimeter yet.

Boolit Mold
    I've been using QuickLOAD for a long time with great results, but I'm having a problem with shot start pressure and propellant tables.

The problem is that a manually entered subsonic IMR TrailBoss load works fine (no "Shot start pressure for this data too high" warnings). But when I create a propellant table, the table says "cannot find match, try to lower shot start pressure" for TrailBoss.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

I've attached screenshots of my settings. I'm using V3.6 with a data update I bought this Jan. Thanks in advance for your help.Here are my manually plugged-in figures:

and here is my propellant table setup that results in the "cannot find match, try to lower shot start pressure" warning for TrailBoss:

Boolit Grand Master

I'm patiently awaiting a powder update. Have a lot of new powders because of this shortage. Sounds counter intuitive but I'm sure lots of people are in the same boat :laugh:

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rdbeer View Post
    I've been using QuickLOAD for a long time with great results, but I'm having a problem with shot start pressure and propellant tables.

The problem is that a manually entered subsonic IMR TrailBoss load works fine (no "Shot start pressure for this data too high" warnings). But when I create a propellant table, the table says "cannot find match, try to lower shot start pressure" for TrailBoss.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

I've attached screenshots of my settings. I'm using V3.6 with a data update I bought this Jan. Thanks in advance for your help.Here are my manually plugged-in figures:

and here is my propellant table setup that results in the "cannot find match, try to lower shot start pressure" warning for TrailBoss:
    I don't see any of the screenshots...

Maybe my computer doesn't see them?...

I have seen the same thing you are mentioning, but I really don't know how to solve it either...

There is terminology with this program that is difficult to understand...

The manuals are informative, but they do not go into detail with some things...

If you read my previous post, I am having troubles with the QuickTarget program and windage. And, I can't find the target grids anymore...

Maybe try to repost the screenshots?...

Good-luck...BCB

Boolit Mold

problem - shot pressure in propellant tables

Oops, sorry. Trying again with the images: Can you see them?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	134655
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed2.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	134656

Boolit Master

Yep, they came through this time...

I will look at them later and see if I can give a thought on them...

I have trouble with that part of the program at times also. But, that Maximum Ba Value puts you into the fastest powders available or at least thereabout. You may also want to raise the Minimum Ba to a range just a bit faster. The 0.17 you have in there places that in the slowest powders available.

And with a Minimum Loading Ratio of 29% that is filling the case pretty darn full of fast burners...

I don't know if that is the reason you are having trouble or not. This part of the program can be iffy at times...

Bullseye has a Ba of 3.63 and that is a pretty fast burner...

Don't know...

Good program, but can be damn frustrating at times...

Good-luck...BCB
    Last edited by BCB; 03-21-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast