Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Set Screw Size on Ideal 310 Adapter die hole

Boolit Mold

Set Screw Size on Ideal 310 Adapter die hole

Greetings. I have a 310 tool with a set screw that is pretty buggered up and would like to replace. Is that screw proprietary or can I get one at the hardware store? The one that's presently in there has a round cap, so don't think it's original.
    Thanks!

Boolit Grand Master
    If it’s not the original screw, all bets are off on the threads in the die ring. Bubba could have forced anything in, or somebody could have used a tap and recut the threads. If there is an ACE type Hardware or better yet a local Mom & Pop hardware, take the ring and screw with you to the store and do a fit and try. At this point that’s your easiest solution to your problem.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Mold
    Thanks Froggie- I figured that would be the best route. I'm lucky that the threads appear to be ok. Thanks for the confirmation.

Boolit Master

Dang, I thought I posted on this thread when I first saw it and was checking today to see if I had been any help only to find I never posted at all! The 310 set screw is a 8-32 and I've bought these on Amazon that have worked a champ. It is quite amazing how much easier for old eyes the nickeled ones that are a bit longer than stock are to work with!

ZDingTech 110pcs Set Screws 8-32 x 3/16 inch 304 Stainless Steel Allen Head Hex Hexagon Socket Set Screws with 5/64 Allen Wrench,Set Grub Screws Hex Allen Head Socket Set Screws.(3/16" Length)

Boolit Grand Master
    Hey trooperdan. Don’t you hate it when you write a really good post and then the button to actually send it either is missed, forgotten, or just doesn’t work? It seems like the screen on my iPad sometimes changes sensitivities just irritate me!
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"