WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scammers among us.

Dave,

Many with zero posts, few posts in the last year, want to communicate via email are red flags. Dave is a good guy and dealt with him a few times.

What stinks are these scammers are using USA VPN's that many, many good people in the USA use and are blocked here. I remember all the good times and still have my leather Cast Boolits leather wallet.

Super Moderator

The thing to really watch out for is someone sending a PM to contact a third party to send money to. WTB ads have been especially targeted by the Scammers, but it's not just the WTB ads. We do our best to weed them out, but once in a while one slips through and rips someone off.

Boolit Grand Master
    I must be thick. Why in the Wide World of Sports would a buyer respond and send funds to someone who is not the seller? Why would the seller deal with someone who is not the buyer?

I have never been burned either here, the SASS site, Trapshooters site, or GunBroker. Ditto for Amazon or eBay.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I must be thick. Why in the Wide World of Sports would a buyer respond and send funds to someone who is not the seller? Why would the seller deal with someone who is not the buyer?

I have never been burned either here, the SASS site, Trapshooters site, or GunBroker. Ditto for Amazon or eBay.
    Just so that everyone knows, I did not respond to the random PM or use the email that was sent to me. I knew better. I just photoshopped it and started this page to warn others.

The scammers have nothing invested except a few minutes of time.
    When someone does pay them, it's all profit.
    If it works for them with 2% of the messages they send out--- they come out ahead, and make money.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    The scammers have nothing invested except a few minutes of time.
    When someone does pay them, it's all profit.
    If it works for them with 2% of the messages they send out--- they come out ahead, and make money.
    WE,
    I understand scammers are preying on a small percentage of folks. My question is why folks fall into the trap. It is so obvious….unless…like I said…I am thick and missing something.
    Don Verna

WE,
    I understand scammers are preying on a small percentage of folks. My question is why folks fall into the trap. It is so obvious….unless…like I said…I am thick and missing something.
    People want to believe and trust others. Scammers just capitalize on that human weakness- for lack of a better word.
    The older and older people get, the easier it is to con or scam some of them. That's why so many scams target older people.

That amount of theft and fraud in the US is greater than the entire Gross National Product of most other countries.
    There's stories all the time of folks getting scammed out of their life's savings because they miss placed their trust..

EVERYONE!

Boolit Buddy
    Scammers rely on the "Foto Mat Business model", just one time and they make a profit!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by huntersdog View Post
    Dave,

Many with zero posts, few posts in the last year, want to communicate via email are red flags. Dave is a good guy and dealt with him a few times.

What stinks are these scammers are using USA VPN's that many, many good people in the USA use and are blocked here. I remember all the good times and still have my leather Cast Boolits leather wallet.
    I use my Cast Boolits wallet every time I leave the house. Folks here have come to trust our "family". We have had a few instances just like any other family. What sucks is when these scum take advantage of the trust that was built up. Some folks may not have been paying as much attention as they should have and got bit. I can't stand scammers and liars.

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    This happened to me not too long ago, and the CLUE was scammer employed, too, my "real" eMail address, as opposed to just using the Private Messaging on this forum!" I immediately informed a Mod and scammer was gone . (Funds did get to seller, and I received that which I had purchased )
    Anyhoos -- this is a headsup for me -- perhaps, too, for you? -- if the "seller" contacts you vis anyother means than your handle on this site, and Private Message on this site -- for me, I view it as a scam!
    geo
    Learn something everyday...

I didn’t know offering to use real email was a trait of scammers. I offer my real email for two reasons. It’s on my smartphone and I don’t have to remember to come here to look for messages. And secondly I can not figure out how to attach images to private messages on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry54 View Post
    I didn’t know offering to use real email was a trait of scammers.
    They're just free 'throw away' accounts, not their 'real' one they use like we do.

EVERYONE!

Boolit Buddy
    It is a shame to see a scammer was on this site. but, at least they called out with the post.
    Thank you for your post. This is one of the best sites that I trust going on.
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I use my Cast Boolits wallet every time I leave the house. Folks here have come to trust our "family". We have had a few instances just like any other family. What sucks is when these scum take advantage of the trust that was built up. Some folks may not have been paying as much attention as they should have and got bit. I can't stand scammers and liars.
    Meet many good folks here over the years.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4213.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	323791
    So I just got hit with another scammer. Again absolutely nothing to do with the poster selling the bullets. I did report this one.

Everyone if this happens to you, pick that little triangle in the lower left of the message and report it to us so we can deal with them. In this case he has been banned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12