Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
WidenersLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullseye In Stock $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Boolit Buddy

Bullseye In Stock $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Woo hoo, lots of Bullseye in stock everywhere you look. Uhhhhh Wait, what, $45-50 a pound. So, is Titegroup my new wadcutter powder?

Mike

Boolit Buddy
    Well, at the height of the pandemic, I was able to find a 4 lb. jug of WST. $140.00. It seems like they are trying to price us out of shooting. They can't outlaw it, so they are making it cost prohibitive.

I'd love to find Bullseye at ANY price.

Only if Titegroup is $35 a pound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like when primers jumped from $20. per thousand to 40-45 and powder was in the 'upper' teens-low $20.s

The prices we're seeing now is probably the new normal.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Banned

I am sitting here looking at two, 4 pound Bullseye canisters.............as I shake them, I am so sad to realize that they are empty! I do have another or 2 though. Don Verna told me to hoard them.

Boolit Master
    I don't use much Bullseye, but I still have some in the powder closet. Let me know when Unique and Red Dot are back on shelves...
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Buddy

Good day at a local gun show. Found 2000 large CCI pistol primers yesterday for $50/ 1000 The $100/ 1000 primers were not selling. Seems like $80/1000 dealers were moving them. Didn't see much Bullseye though.

Boolit Master
    I have Bullseye in stock; it was only $$ though.

Now if only my 401k would increase in value at the same rate as my powder and primer supply has. Wanted some more 4895 but at last gun show only saw a partial pound at estate sale table for what a full pound went for a few years ago. Guess I will use Varget which it seems is always available.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    When I was running a cost analysis a short while back I stumbled on an interesting tidbit. I ran a Quickload table with a pistol round where QL determined charges required to get a specific velocity. As I was looking at the results, I noted the Clean Shot and Titegroup were very close on charge required, case fill percentage and chamber pressure. Both Titegroup and Clean Shot are very low in cost per round if you can find them at a good price. Titegroup seemed to be good for availability and reasonable for price a short while back. I have burned several 8# jugs of the stuff and I like it for a number of guns.

Here is a list that shows how I ranked cost for a 200 gr 45 ACP load pushed to 940 fps. Values are $/round. Powder prices were based on a bulk internet order. I did the same analysis for a couple of other cartridges and the relative rankings stayed about the same.

Code:

Clean Shot  0.026
    Titegroup   0.026
    HP-38       0.028
    Red Dot     0.030
    Zip         0.031
    Bullseye    0.036
    I went looking to get some Titegroup last week and found that availability was poor and cost was higher than I wanted to pay.

I ended up ordering 4 jugs of Lovex D032 (same as SW Clean Shot) from Jeff Barlett. Had to call in the actual order and Jeff indicated that he is about out of the stuff. The $130 for a 5# jug is not bad, but the total for Hazmat + S&H was on the steep side.
    Last edited by P Flados; 01-16-2024 at 01:20 AM.

Boolit Master
    I’ve still got a couple 15lb (could be 14 or 16, don’t remember exactly) kegs of Bullseye. Tried to sell some for I think $150 per keg a few years ago and had 2 interested parties and one closed deal, so went from 3 to 2. They are now in my “save for retirement” pile although I can’t imagine shooting it all, it’s taken me years to shoot the first one I opened.

But, I still expect to see retail prices fall some more, and second hand prices to drop sharply if we get another Trump presidency.

Boolit Master
    Take a look at Midway's powder prices, if you want sticker shock. Old Larry is smoking some good stuff!
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Buddy
    Midway got super expensive in the last 5-8 years. They always had great prices on ammo and reloading stuff, now they never even show up on ammoseek or other ammo search engines because they mark up stuff 10-20% higher profit than they did 5 years ago. 5-8 years ago they were always having free shipping promos, or 10% off coupons and those also dried up. I don't do much business with them any more. I think Larry was super involved in the business in years past and he now is likely enjoying his golden years and letting bean counters and shareholders run the books.

Boolit Master
    I grabbed a pound of Titegroup at Academy Sports a few weeks ago for $33/lb.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    I’ve still got a couple 15lb (could be 14 or 16, don’t remember exactly) kegs of Bullseye. Tried to sell some for I think $150 per keg a few years ago and had 2 interested parties and one closed deal, so went from 3 to 2. They are now in my “save for retirement” pile although I can’t imagine shooting it all, it’s taken me years to shoot the first one I opened.

But, I still expect to see retail prices fall some more, and second hand prices to drop sharply if we get another Trump presidency.
    Heck, Jim. I could drive to NC for that price with this market...
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Never like TG with lead bullets, lubed or PC. Plenty of powder will work as well or better. RedDot is still a sleeper with lead bullets in any caliber. Ramshot Comp, WST, SportPistol, probably 4-5 others I havent tried. Unfortunately this will be the new norm, higher prices. The cost of voting Dem.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Bub
    I checked out Powder Valleys prices on one of my favorite powders for the 357 Mag rifle, 5744. A week or so ago it was in the mid 50's. Today its $71.00 a pound. I look at this as a gouge or maybe greed and I've been called a communist for thinking this, but they don't really know me. Prices indicated by the major ammo suppliers looked at between 1-7 % increase in ammo and related component prices. Increases between 40 and 50% don't fit their original narrative. Some sites have prices still in the mid 30's to 40's. Midsouth Shooters Supply comes to mind. Hope this blows over some day.

I think of the higher than expected prices retail as being a way to dampen the speculators -- while I think I should pay $35 or thereabouts for retail (and much of it is approaching that now - where I live), I would much rather pay $60 retail for something scarce I need than pay a speculator $90 for same on an auction when he bought it all up for my desired $35.
    To be frank, I passed on the 5744 at $60 per pound last year, but maybe next I won't if I continue to want some.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    I am sitting here looking at two, 4 pound Bullseye canisters.............as I shake them, I am so sad to realize that they are empty! I do have another or 2 though. Don Verna told me to hoard them.
    Your welcome!!! LOL

BTW, I got two 4 pounders from my buddy when he exited Bullseye shooting 6-7 years ago. I don't use BE anymore, so if I ever find them, I will PM you. My reloading room is a disaster. He sold me a bunch of Lapua .22 match ammunition and cannot find it either. I need to up my organizing skills.
    Don Verna

There was talk on different sites that distributors have been telling retailers to be prepared for a large price increase in 2024. I guess the reason doesn’t change the facts that if you need/want it, you pay the price or go without. Personally, living here behind the blue iron curtain in NYS, I am just glad I can get it when I need it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast