MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: A thank you to Lee Precision

Boolit Buddy

A thank you to Lee Precision

I use the Lee bench primer as I feel it does the best job for my needs. Saturday I was apparently being ham fisted and the casting broke just above where the shell holder sits.

I sent them an email with attached photo hoping I would be able to purchase a new body and not replace the whole unit. I was just emailed from a customer service representative named Jeri that a new body is being shipped to me at no cost.

Love them or hate them, their products work and they stand behind them. Thank you Lee Precision.

Boolit Master

Mine broke at the same spot a couple years ago, after priming an estimated 30,000 - 40,000 cases. My warranty replacement arrived fast and free to me.

Nice! Glad to hear of good customer service from Lee.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

Rubber insert in a trim die wore out and Lee no longer made them with that insert so they sent me a new die. Like the man said. They work and Lee stands behind the product.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Nice! I have heard this story over and over again from RCBS, so it's nice to see Lee doing the same thing. Most of my dies and molds are Lee. Everything ELSE is RCBS.

Boolit Buddy
    Just got an email that my order has shipped, very nice.

I have quite a bit of their equipment mostly for casting. I only have a few of their dies sets, but the ones I have are decent.

Boolit Grand Master

I have never been disappointed by Lee's Customer Service .
    If something breaks ... they repair or replace it with little hassle .
    I appreciate good customer service and understand that Lee products are made to sell at a certain price point .
    A lot of my casting and reloading stuff is Lee Red in color...
    ... I Like Lee !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

The Lee bench primer can over-cam if the handle is lowered too much. This will cause blowouts.
    https://support.leeprecision.net/en/...or-body-broken
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    The Lee bench primer can over-cam if the handle is lowered too much. This will cause blowouts.
    https://support.leeprecision.net/en/...or-body-broken
    I guess but in my case the handle never gets that far down. The entire unit base is just cast steel. The failure occurred at a stress point where the metal is less than 1/4” thick and makes a right turn. It’s easy to feel when the primer is fully seated and the handle is well above the bench top. I just figure it for metal fatigue after 30-40 thousand primings.

Boolit Master
    I've always been satisfied with every bit of Lee equipment that I've one, with one exception: their 2cav molds. Some love them, some hate them, I just simply had bad luck of the draw with them. That said, the first press I ever had is a Lee, and it's still on the bench in my garage. The second press was one of their C-presses, I traded it over years ago have having used it for sizing bullets for 3-4 years. Third, was a hand press, I still have it sitting next to my desk here. Fourth, is their 4-hole turret I use every reloading session. Any time I've ever had an issue with their equipment, they've taken care of me.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master

I have probably 85% of my reloading gear is Lee with the exception of presses. I don't have much bad to say about Lee products at all. Glad to have them!

Just about my only main grip with Lee products now is with Lee's anemic die wrench. It's like a cruel joke.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Just about my only main grip with Lee products now is with Lee's anemic die wrench. It's like a cruel joke.
    Didn't know this was a thing. Pastic?
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    Didn't know this was a thing. Pastic?
    Well, you are not missing out on anything....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 02-13-14 Lee Precision Inc.. Die Wrench.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	322410

Boolit Buddy
    That wrench is pretty weak. I wonder if someone make an aluminum one with a longer handle?

Quote Originally Posted by Evoken View Post
    That wrench is pretty weak. I wonder if someone make an aluminum one with a longer handle?

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 10-14-53 Lee Ultimate Lock Ring Wrench - BIG DOG STEEL.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	322426

Boolit Buddy
    Nice, that is pretty slick. I will have to check out their site.

Thanks.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 10-14-53 Lee Ultimate Lock Ring Wrench - BIG DOG STEEL.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	322426
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Evoken View Post
    I use the Lee bench primer as I feel it does the best job for my needs. Saturday I was apparently being ham fisted and the casting broke just above where the shell holder sits.

I sent them an email with attached photo hoping I would be able to purchase a new body and not replace the whole unit. I was just emailed from a customer service representative named Jeri that a new body is being shipped to me at no cost.

Love them or hate them, their products work and they stand behind them. Thank you Lee Precision.
    As long as it's before the year, yeah ok. How long have you had it ? I think it's a total piece of junk. The primers kept getting jammed in the feeding tray. Squared that away myself. Then they got caught up in the "rubber up-stop" and the adapter. They can't even get the right name for it ! LOL I emailed them explaining what had to be done, and they blew me off. At the time a girl name Donna went back and forth with me. Maybe a guy who understands it made it right for you.

Have been using LEE presses for 20 years and overall am happy. But looks like greed is settling in at LEE as well... Last order I placed, there was suddenly a "Digital Payment Processing Fee". Gotta love it when companies come up with utterly nonsense like this to optimize their profits...
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com