WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: I like my Ruger Wrangler, special long barrel.

I like my Ruger Wrangler, special long barrel.

It's time to clean my gun. I really like this revolver. The ejector is way longer than it needs to be which greatly simplifies ejecting those tiny 22s. The only Improvement I could think of would be if the loading gate was larger so then I could have more space for my fingers when it is time to load the gun.

Last night I was shooting Federal auto match. It seems to be sighted in perfectly for 30 yards with supersonic 22s and the fixed sights.

The windage is perfect and thankfully so.

I was shooting at 30 and 50 yards and at 50 yards if I aim at the 12:00 position of a 9 in white paper plate the bullets would strike somewhere in the lower third. I think it's time to get a bunch of different ammunitions after I clean the gun and test them

Boolit Master
    You must have gotten one of the better ones. Guys around here have nothing good to say about them. I don’t have one but did want one until I heard all the bad feedback. Yours looks great and I am happy to hear you like it.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Man I'm shooting the heck out of it I fired probably 800 rounds through it so far I really do need to clean it

Boolit Grand Master
    Those are some handsome grips!
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I was shooting at 30 & 50 yards. At 50 yards if I aim at the 12:00 position of a 9" white paper plate, the bullets would strike somewhere in the lower third. I think it's time to get a bunch of different ammunition after I clean the gun and test them.
    I'm glad that the windage of your revolver is exactly where it needs to be. Your comment about elevation is THE reason that I will not buy a pistol/revolver for use in the wild without adjustable rear sights. Though they may detract from "the classic lines" of the pistol/revolver of interest, the generally better sight picture and the ability to tune it make hitting targets at distance a MUCH easier task.

I was not aware of the controversy surrounding these revolvers, but it appears to be extensive. I'm glad that yours is performing well.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The Wrangler i used to have was solid, just put a Super Wrangler in layaway jail
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

I’m looking at the super wrangler myself. This is first complaint I’ve heard about them. I know a few people with them and they love their wranglers.

I got one for each of my grand kids when they first came out. My 13 year old grand son shot the head off a fool hen with his first shot from it he loves it. My grandaughter has not shot her's yet. I am very pleased with both guns fit and finish they are Ruger quality and as nice as my older GP100 and blackhawks. I'm thinking about adding a super soon.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    Kudos on a nice Wrangler,, and those grips do look good!

My shooter Wrangler has about 2000 rounds through it so far. Not only in my hands but in the hands of several others. Accuracy is better than you would expect,,,, and gee,, no issues other than an occasional dud round,, but that wasn't the gun's fault.

I own one .22 RF revolver, S&W 17. In my early years, I cut my handgunning teeth on one. Due to a financial situation I had to sell it off. I was decades replacing it. The current one doesn't get taken out as often as I'd like, then again I don't get out as often as I'd like to where I can shoot either.

That being said, I don't have any NEEDS for a single action .22 RF. But that dern Super Wrangler sure keeps calling my name!

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    I am hearing the same call, Murphy, especially with Single Sixes going for $750 these days ...
    I might be tempted to crown the muzzle if it looked like the one in the photo though.

I’m on my 5th Wrangler.
    After I proved the first three worthy, I gave them to my daughters. I still have an original length one and a birds head one. On the birds head, I had to do a little filing on the back leading edge of the transfer bar.
    Other than that no complaints. They aren’t target grade guns, but I’m not a target grade shooter.
    They will fill a skillet, though. I’ve done that many times with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have mostly enjoyed mine, a very slight perpendicular crescent wrench tweak to front sight and L/R good to go. Fit a Belt Mountain pin that really snugged her up and function is tight and perfect. The only thing that still makes me growl every time I think about it is the 0.014" barrel to cylinder. Looks easy enough to pull and fix, but-. I know, it's a $200 gun!
    Last edited by Gtek; 01-14-2024 at 12:07 PM.

This is one of the targets from 50 yards shooting off hand.

This is the sight picture I see with this pistol.