MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Beeswax

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Guys, if you use a t-shirt or cheesecloth to filter beeswax don't discard it unless you never light a real fire. Cut in chunks that's a great firestarter!
    Certainly does make a good fire starter, but make sure it dries out well since it will still have some moisture from prior processing. Not a bad idea to sprinkle a little saw dust on the warm wax as it cools and before cutting. Thank you Wayne, good to point that out.

Boolit Master
    Mix the bees wax & saw dust with beef tallow or bacon grease for a real fire starter! I actually have a block of that for flux at my casting bench.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Forum member Randy Rat sold refined beeswax on the site ... At one time but I don't know if he is still in the bee business ... mioght have "retired" .
    Back when I was still Lubing, I had bought a lot from Randy Rat. I contacted him several years ago (probaly 5-6) and he was no longer selling it. You can try him, but I doubt he is still doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    If you buy a 10 lb bag of flake beeswax on Amazon, you pay $3.5/lb. A 3lb bag goes for about $4.6. No sense in paying $5/lb from a beekeeper, just to have to go and render it into clean wax.
    Honestly, Amazon is going to be about as cheap as anywhere. At least in my experience. Seems like most beekeepers are selling for more than I can buy it on Amazon for. Although I don't use it anymore, it still seems cheaper and more reliable to me to just buy it there.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    I had trouble finding bees wax to use and a person I know suggested using a toilet bowl wax ring? Works for me .......???????
    Toilet bowl rings all used to (key words) contain beeswax; these days, they may well not contain any. Read the label before you buy it assuming that it's beeswax.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    Toilet bowl rings all used to (key words) contain beeswax; these days, they may well not contain any. Read the label before you buy it assuming that it's beeswax.
    And...don't use used ones.

Boolit Master
    Maybe find somebody selling local honey and work back from there.

Boolit Master
    Price it out and offer it in the S&S. There is usually a market for clean bees wax.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    Today they are "Slack Wax" which is mostly petroleum. Cheaper and actually better for their intended purpose. And perfectly OK provided your powder does not contain Sulfur. If it does, the bore of your gun will slowly get coated in Tar. A muzzle loader will be impossible to load after about a dozen shots (happened to me) and the slowly decreasing bore size can result in a cartridge gun getting into dangerously high pressures. You will know thats happening because the accuracy is just gone.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 S&W Long, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, 10mm, 44 Special 44 Magnum. .223, 7.62x39, 7.62 x 54R, .30-06, 45-70, .32, .36, .44. .45. .50. .54. .58 and .60 round ball and various minies. And .375 heel crimped conical for those .36 conversions . KB6MRP on Discord

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12