Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: For thought and meditation Thu Jan 11 2024

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and meditation Thu Jan 11 2024

After Man’s Own Heart
    by Greg Laurie on Jan 11, 2024

Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant.
    —Galatians 6:7

Saul, the first king of Israel, had tremendous potential. He started out very well in the race of life, and if he had paced himself and played by the rules, he could have been one of the great heroes of the Bible.

As we read his story, he looks like one of the good guys. But suddenly and almost unexpectedly, he changed course. He began his reign in victory but ended it in humiliating defeat. He lost his character, his power, his crown, and his very life.

Saul’s life is a powerful example of what not to do.

Up to that point in Israel’s history, the nation had judges like Samson who fought for them and led them. Then they had the prophets who revealed the will of God to them. But the people wanted a king. Other nations had kings, and they wanted one too.

So, God gave the people what they asked for. He gave them Saul. If David was a man after God’s own heart (see 1 Samuel 13:14), then Saul was a man after man’s own heart.

This reminds us that we should be careful what we pray for, because God just might give it to us. It’s wise to follow the example of Jesus when He said, “Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:9–10 NLT).

God knows best. And if the Lord says no, then it is for our own benefit.

As for Saul, in many ways he had some fine qualities. He had everything he needed to be a good leader. The Bible gives us these details about Saul and his family: “There was a wealthy, influential man named Kish from the tribe of Benjamin. . . . His son Saul was the most handsome man in Israel—head and shoulders taller than anyone else in the land” (1 Samuel 9:1–2 NLT).

We know that Saul came from a good family because his father, Kish, was well-known and influential. Not only that, but the Bible says the Spirit of the Lord came upon Saul, and “God gave him a new heart” (1 Samuel 10:9). Everything was going Saul’s way. The Spirit of God came upon him, and he was ready to do what God had called him to do.

However, Saul squandered his resources and opportunities. He summed up his life with these words: “I have been a fool and very, very wrong” (1 Samuel 26:21 NLT).

Saul had a tremendous beginning but a tragic ending.

He stands as an example of what happens when someone rebels against God. His life reminds us of the fact that sooner or later, our sins will find us out. It may not happen today or a week from now. It may not even happen a month or a year from now. But the Bible teaches that ultimately, we will reap what we sow…

Think on this, and Have a blessed day.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Amen, this is a much needed lesson today.

Saul, like myself, wanted power. But power, in the end, will not satisfy us.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Grand Master
    At this stage in my life, all I want is to be left alone and allowed to live as I wish.

I was a CEO but doubt I could succeed in today's world of DEI. Somethings are plain wrong...like using "preferred pronouns". There are only two sexes...deal with it. BTW that "hang up" is not because of religious beliefs, as I did not find God and accept Jesus until after I retired.

Good message Marko. People blessed with talent and skills can easily forget to praise God for their gifts and squander them on personal lusts and power.
    Don Verna