Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Repackbox Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HENRY SINGLE SHOT 360 BuckHammer

HENRY SINGLE SHOT 360 BuckHammer

I just got off the phone and the very knowledgeable lady I spoke with said that the walnut/blue single shot rifles in 360 REM would be available in the spring. The twist rate will be 1:16". If CVA wont build us one, I will buy a Henry. I like wood anyway.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Hard to not like blued steel and walnut.
    Wish they offered them in 38-55 as they make a lever gun in the cal.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

You sure about the twist rate. The lever action 360 is listed as 1 in 12 (I haven't measured mine). I don't know why they would change to a 1 in 16 for the single shot?

I wouldn't think they would change a twist rate just for a single shot but that's what the lady at Henry told me. When I specifically asked that that question, she said let me look that up. After a pause, she stated 1:16". Not to disparage her but she might have mis read what she was looking at. The Henry website says 1:12". How does yours shoot?
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    You’ll be absolutely fine with a 1:16 twist regardless what the website says. That’s a fast enough twist for heavy or light bullets. My only comment about this cartridge is that it may go the way of the Dodo bird in a year or two. Finding loaded ammo and/or cases may be difficult. Seems like the ammo and gun companies are on a binge to bring everyone the newest, and best thing out there…..even if it isn’t much different that what we already have. Just something to think about.

All the more reason to make one in 38-55
    NRA Life Member

Guns have two enemies Rust and Politicians

As long as there is 30-30 brass, there will be ammo for handloaders willing to do make it. Might be a little more trouble. 38-55 is never a bad idea either.

I haven't gotten out to shoot mine yet, but I have made almost 200 cases from 30-30 brass. It's no more difficult than 30 or 357 Herrett, 300 Blackout, 7mm TCU or 8mm (from 30-06), all of which I have done in the past. Being able to make it out of a common caliber is what attracted me to the 360 vs the 350 Legend for something I can hunt with in the Michigan's Limited Firearm Zone (plus I wanted a lever gun and not another AR upper).

Boolit Master
    I would jump on the .38-55 like a duck on a June bug. I have one in .308 that has one of the finest triggers I've shot, and the wood is pretty nice, too. I suppose if the barrel were thick enough, JES could rebore and rechamber it to .358 Win with a long throat. GF

I was surfing the Midway and Midsouth Shooters Supply sites and I sure am glad to cast boolits. Those jacketed things are crazy expensive. Maybe it's because I bought them for $12-$15 a box years ago. It also might be that 35 cal stuff doesn't sell as much as 30 cal and smaller.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Yes, sign me up for a .38-55! Love my H015 .45-70.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    I just got off the phone and the very knowledgeable lady I spoke with said that the walnut/blue single shot rifles in 360 REM would be available in the spring. The twist rate will be 1:16". If CVA wont build us one, I will buy a Henry. I like wood anyway.

My issue is Henry stocks are NOT SCOPE
    FRIENDLY. They have FAR TOO
    MUCH drop.

I love the look and workmanship. NOT THE ERGOS.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I would jump on the .38-55 like a duck on a June bug. I have one in .308 that has one of the finest triggers I've shot, and the wood is pretty nice, too. I suppose if the barrel were thick enough, JES could rebore and rechamber it to .358 Win with a long throat. GF
    I contacted JES and asked about reboring the 30-30 to 38-55, and his response was it was doable.

RP

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    MUCH drop.

CW
    I've yet to shoulder one so I didn't know this.

RP

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    MUCH drop.

CW
    Since it has no bolt handle to clear, lowest rings would work as long as you don't use a scope with a soup can bell on it, I am guessing. I would like to shoulder one before I spring for it. If it is too bad, I still have a 30-30 Marlin/Glenfield model 30 with the 1/2 mag that JES could work his magic on...if he has a 360 reamer. I just wish the dang 30-30 wasn't so accurate! Shouldn't have shot the donor. The Marlins have a pretty good drop in the stock as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I have pondered using a 243 CVA Scout to make a 358 win with JES since CVA doesn't make a 30-30. But I would have more than the cost of a Henry involved in buying a CVA and having JES rebore it.

I spoke with a friend who has one in 357 with a red dot and he thinks it's perfect.
    I'll look for one to shoulder, but the only two calibers that would interest me would be a 38-55 or a 444.
    Which I wouldn't hold my breath for the later, especially with the problems I've heard from several 44 mag Henry owners have been having.
    The 38-55 would be an easy conversion, but I'm sure I could find an H&R 1891 in 38-55 for less. And less trouble.

RP

my scoped Long Ranger works fine. And it has a large bell.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

The Lone range is designed for optics. Does it even come with open sites?

Of coarse we are all a little different in build and how we preferr to shoulder and hold a rifle.

I have a high cherk bone and can get "down" more then some exacerbating the cut of such stocks.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

2 versions, one with irons. Guess maybe it's me as Marlin 336 wears a scope also.
    Whatever!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast