RepackboxLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: For thought and meditation Sun Jan 7 2024

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and meditation Sun Jan 7 2024

January 7
    Intimate With Jesus
    By Oswald Chambers

Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip?" —John 14:9

These words were not spoken as a rebuke, nor even with surprise; Jesus was encouraging Philip to draw closer. Yet the last person we get intimate with is Jesus. Before Pentecost the disciples knew Jesus as the One who gave them power to conquer demons and to bring about a revival (see Luke 10:18-20). It was a wonderful intimacy, but there was a much closer intimacy to come: “…I have called you friends…” (John 15:15). True friendship is rare on earth. It means identifying with someone in thought, heart, and spirit. The whole experience of life is designed to enable us to enter into this closest relationship with Jesus Christ. We receive His blessings and know His Word, but do we really know Him?

Jesus said, “It is to your advantage that I go away…” (John 16:7). He left that relationship to lead them even closer. It is a joy to Jesus when a disciple takes time to walk more intimately with Him. The bearing of fruit is always shown in Scripture to be the visible result of an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ (see John 15:1-4).
    Once we get intimate with Jesus we are never lonely and we never lack for understanding or compassion. We can continually pour out our hearts to Him without being perceived as overly emotional or pitiful. The Christian who is truly intimate with Jesus will never draw attention to himself but will only show the evidence of a life where Jesus is completely in control. This is the outcome of allowing Jesus to satisfy every area of life to its depth. The picture resulting from such a life is that of the strong, calm balance that our Lord gives to those who are intimate with Him.

Have a blessed day..
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Amen - Thank you for the Scripture and word this morning. I'm gonna need it - Full day of snow removal ahead - God Bless
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Amen , a great message today.

" The Christian who is truly intimate with Jesus will never draw attention to himself but will only show the evidence of a life where Jesus is completely in control. "

I was blessed in my childhood with a couple of examples of sainthood. Common people, simple people, and very very good people.
    And as quoted above, they never drew attention to themselves, always to the Lord. Self effacing, modest, humble, and ohhh so loving. I'll be seeing you two someday.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    " The Christian who is truly intimate with Jesus will never draw attention to himself but will only show the evidence of a life where Jesus is completely in control. "

I was blessed in my childhood with a couple of examples of sainthood. Common people, simple people, and very very good people.
    And as quoted above, they never drew attention to themselves, always to the Lord. Self effacing, modest, humble, and ohhh so loving. I'll be seeing you two someday.
    Good post my friend!! Hope the Lord is not done with you yet, and you see your "very, very good people" later, rather than sooner.
    Don Verna