Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CVA Scout V2 350 Legend Pistol

Boolit Bub

CVA Scout V2 350 Legend Pistol

Picked up a Scout pistol in 350 Legend. Been wanting to try one and Midway had it on sale so I figured it was time. I know CVA discontinued making them and I can honestly say they need to crank them back out again! This is one sweet shooting pistol. I mounted a Burris 3-12 pistol scope on it and finally got to shoot today. It’s amazing. Trigger is absolutely awesome. Only had a box of 170 gr American Whitetail to shoot. I’m still waiting on dies and brass. Got the 200 gr Lee mold. Definitely want to shoot cast in it. Here’s a pic of the 50 yd group after a few scope adjustments (lower right dot). Upper left dot is 5 shots after adjustments. Not bad for first day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6531.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	321775

Boolit Master

Here piggy, piggy, piggy! That combo should make a dandy hog pistol. james

Those Bergara barrels are very accurate. Congrats on a great little pistol.
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

Boolit Bub
    Got to practice a lot after I get a good cast bullet load from the bench. Definitely going after a whitetail or hog with this…

I shot at 100 at steel plates. I’ve got from 8” down to 4” hanging.Had a blast. Rang steel every shot

Boolit Master

I didn't know this was a thing! It may have just gone onto my bucket list of guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Dman75 View Post
    Got to practice a lot after I get a good cast bullet load from the bench. Definitely going after a whitetail or hog with this…

I shot at 100 at steel plates. I’ve got from 8” down to 4” hanging.Had a blast. Rang steel every shot

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeMan View Post
    I didn't know this was a thing! It may have just gone onto my bucket list of guns!
    I will tell you what I have told others regarding CVA Scout pistols and rifles after years of watching them come and go. If you see one you want at a decent price you better get it. CVA does not regularly stock these in any caliber. When a caliber runs out they may never get it again.

These are built by Bergara and shipped to the US. I personally believe CVA randomly orders ship containers full of them and when they are all sold, orders another container.

Boolit Bub
    Sure hope more are coming. I should’ve pulled the trigger on 6.5 Gren or Creedmore. I’ll definitely be looking for more

Boolit Buddy
    I recently got a 350 legend pistol with the burnt bronze finish cause i thought it was purty. Have not shot except for 3 rds of the 145 gr target loads . That was all it took to site in for that load. I have all the stuff to load some 170 gr hornady loads but have not done it yet. Have two other CVA pistols in stainless in 6.5 creedmore and 243. They both have taken deer. Have a bunch of the contenders as well. The CVA"s are good guns for the money and would recommend them. You will like yours i think.

Boolit Bub
    That’s the 350L I got too - the burnt bronze. It’s sure is pretty and shoots just as pretty.��

Boolit Master

Does CVA put Bergara barrels on the rifle also? If so what models? I am getting interested in a single shot to play with. Light recoiling, smaller caliber for shorter ranges. james

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    Does CVA put Bergara barrels on the rifle also? If so what models? I am getting interested in a single shot to play with. Light recoiling, smaller caliber for shorter ranges. james
    Bergara barrels are on all the Scout rifles too. Pretty sure everything from CVA is bergara barrels

Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    CVA straight buys the rifles from Bergara already built and imports them. It's a Bergara BA13 overseas.
    They have some cool options and calibers we can't get like a 9mm version.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    That wood stock/sights version: I'll take like 12 please!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Those wood stocked models look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to disappoint but those are called "wood look camo" and are plastic. I'd still be all over it though. Love the open sights as well.

I took their cue and bought an Omega thumbhole stock for my V2 in .300blk.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by steve urquell View Post
    CVA straight buys the rifles from Bergara already built and imports them. It's a Bergara BA13 overseas.
    They have some cool options and calibers we can't get like a 9mm version.

What is wrong with the people who import these? Why would you not try to get some of these in 9mm or 357 mag, especially those with iron sights?! I don't know who makes the decisions of caliber choices, but it is obvious that they are not in tune with what the consumer wants. We here can't be the only group of people that want those things.
    I will be in line for at Least 3 of the 357 and 2 in 9mm, takedown models with iron sights IF they were to ever offer them here in the states.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I was raised on wood grain applique everything, so the same on a stock doesn't bother me. Literally anything is better than generic black.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    I was raised on wood grain applique everything, so the same on a stock doesn't bother me. Literally anything is better than generic black.
    I feel the same way. Bring on the wood camo.

Quote Originally Posted by bones37 View Post
    What is wrong with the people who import these? Why would you not try to get some of these in 9mm or 357 mag, especially those with iron sights?! I don't know who makes the decisions of caliber choices, but it is obvious that they are not in tune with what the consumer wants. We here can't be the only group of people that want those things.
    I will be in line for at Least 3 of the 357 and 2 in 9mm, takedown models with iron sights IF they were to ever offer them here in the states.
    This is what I posted in the last CVA thread and the way I feel about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve urquell View Post
    I waited a little while before responding to this post because I couldn't quite put into words what was on my mind about how CVA has handled these guns.

It feels like they are a corporation vs gun enthusiasts. Think about talking to someone on the gun range about guns and shooting and they have passion about their favorite guns. Then talk to a man in a suit who does not shoot but has stock in a gun manufacturing company. The suits are the ones in charge of what CVA orders from Bergara.

Boolit Master

Im hoping that they chamber one of tge rifles in 360 Buck Hammer!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast