WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Cast in an AR *video*

Cast in an AR *video*

Posted results a while ago but finally got around to making the video. Showing all my mistakes along with success. Tired to explain everything semi decent,this was a daily impromptu load development though so dint really get into the loading process. ASL have before and after bore scope footage of the bore and gas port.
    Was a fun little project still got a week before I can get home and play with it more.
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Master

Thanks for taking the time to make the video. That's some good shoot'n sho-nuff. Endevor to persevere with your pursuit.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Thanks for the video. You need to seat those fat nose pc boolits down to the crimp groove to clear the rifling. I’m building a x39 using a BCA side charger on my Seekins lower. Ill load up some ammo and post a photo. If I can get it to run I’ll get it painted OD. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0629.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	321672

Boolit Buddy
    very well done

Boolit Buddy
    A couple of questions.

1. What is that bore camera? Exact model, etc?

2. I Mean absolutely No offense by this, but I have to ask. How Old are you Wolfdog? I am crappy guessing the older I get, but you look like Early 20's? Reason I ask is its pretty uncommon to see Young Men casting where I am from. Seems like its just us Old dudes.

Banner Sponsor

Very nice video Wolfdog.
    Have you checked your twist rate? I'm guessing 1:10
    my 7.62x39 AR Pistol has a 1:10 with .308 groove, but has a .311 throat. So getting anything to shoot was a challenge.
    I'm going to have to dig out my 30xcb mold and cast up some fresh bullets to give it a try.
    I just picked up some A2200 powder, so I'll try it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpatoloco View Post
    A couple of questions.

1. What is that bore camera? Exact model, etc?

2. I Mean absolutely No offense by this, but I have to ask. How Old are you Wolfdog? I am crappy guessing the older I get, but you look like Early 20's? Reason I ask is its pretty uncommon to see Young Men casting where I am from. Seems like its just us Old dudes.
    It's the teslong rigid. I'll post a screenshot of the exact one in a sec .
    As far as my age I just made 26 in December, yeah I get alot of weird looks in alot of circles I'm in due to my age. There's actually a lot of bullet casters in my age groups but due to growing up on and knowing that the Internet works you very rarely see up post must on old school forums like this . If there a large population of older people we know there's gonna be a lot of clashings and generally where just not interested in all the drama
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Quote Originally Posted by lar45 View Post
    Very nice video Wolfdog.
    Have you checked your twist rate? I'm guessing 1:10
    my 7.62x39 AR Pistol has a 1:10 with .308 groove, but has a .311 throat. So getting anything to shoot was a challenge.
    I'm going to have to dig out my 30xcb mold and cast up some fresh bullets to give it a try.
    I just picked up some A2200 powder, so I'll try it also.
    I actually have no clue what the twist rates on it is lol I'll have to check
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021