Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: T/C Scout .50 Caliber pistol accessories

T/C Scout .50 Caliber pistol accessories

Hi. My best friend just gave me a .50 caliber T/C Scout pistol for Christmas. I love the pistol and I’d love to get a couple of important accessories. There’s a takedown tool factory part #9430 I’d love to get if anyone has one they’d sell. Also I need to get or make a ramrod. I believe the original is made like a ball starter, with a longer rod. If anyone has one and could give me dimensions, that would be great. Thanks - Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the ram rod, DO NOT get the hollow aluminum one. I believe it is marketed under the Traditions name. I bought one years ago and the insert that the jag screws into came out in the barrel because the rod split. Check The possibles Shop and track of the Wolf.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    For the ram rod, DO NOT get the hollow aluminum one. I believe it is marketed under the Traditions name. I bought one years ago and the insert that the jag screws into came out in the barrel because the rod split. Check The possibles Shop and track of the Wolf.
    Good idea. I like that company. They seem to have good products. I may just go with a solid brass one. I found a 3//8 brass rod and I was going to thread the end and make a ferrule, boar it out, turn down the end of a dowel, epoxy it onto the dowel, but then I got lazy. Plus, I mean, it’s not like the extra weight of a solid brass ramrod is going to kill me. Look at how much the Scout weighs!!

Boolit Buddy
    An Allen wrench, a small screwdriver, and an adjustable wrench will get it apart. Another gadget you will need is a very small brush to clean the fire channel in the barrel and breach plug. TC may still sell them. Lacking that, some really aggressive pipe cleaners ought to work. Or maybe a properly sized piece of music wire. Misfires are a pain. The grips are the best I've ever used. A dab of antiseeze on the breach plug/nipple will help get it apart next time. Those nipples are expensive, if you can find them. The power you can get out of it is amazing. You might be able to find a 50 caliber hollow base slug mold. TC did make a shoulder holster for these.

T/C Scout .50 Caliber pistol accessories

Quote Originally Posted by gunther View Post
    An Allen wrench, a small screwdriver, and an adjustable wrench will get it apart. Another gadget you will need is a very small brush to clean the fire channel in the barrel and breach plug. TC may still sell them. Lacking that, some really aggressive pipe cleaners ought to work. Or maybe a properly sized piece of music wire. Misfires are a pain. The grips are the best I've ever used. A dab of antiseeze on the breach plug/nipple will help get it apart next time. Those nipples are expensive, if you can find them. The power you can get out of it is amazing. You might be able to find a 50 caliber hollow base slug mold. TC did make a shoulder holster for these.
    My generous friend just ordered a replacement nipple from Track of the Wolf for less than $20! I realize separate tools will work, but it would be so nice to have a dedicated all-in-one tool that could be taken with the pistol. Just find the flea bay price a bit prohibitive. $49.00

Boolit Master
    Now that you see what the TC factory tool looks like.
    If you can't find one , or can't afford the price.
    You can always make one for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGS View Post
    Now that you see what the TC factory tool looks like.
    If you can't find one , or can't afford the price.
    You can always make one for yourself.
    Beat me to it!
    Looks like a pretty simple project with hand tools.

Boolit Bub
    Nice Christmas present. Need range report.

Boolit Master
    I bought one of those factory new way back when, and it came with a short starter that had a ramrod length rod attached..... pretty much a purpose built tool. It wouldn't be hard to duplicate.
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience