Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hodgdon Powder

Boolit Master
    I am not buying any more powder until I want to try a load I haven’t thought of yet. I was moments from buying some Ruag LRP and 2400 merely in anticipation of getting a 30-06 sometime in the future. I got it bad.

Free hazmat today only Powder Valley code FH0103

My local supplier told me that most manufacturers were looking at 3-8% price increases after the new year. He also mentioned that he would be keeping his prices the same until he needed to re-order from his wholesale supplier, which he would then re-assess if a price increase was needed.
    He prefers to take the model of "it's better to sell at a slightly lower margin than it sit here because it's $5/lb too high. Volume. Seems to work for him.
    Seeing I'm new to the reloading game, I'm looking to dial in as many of my loads that can using as few powders as possible.
    This way, I can buy larger 4lb and 8lb jugs to extend the savings going forward. If I can use TiteGroup and Win231 or N320 for 38, 357, 9mm and 45acp, that covers 95% of my pistol usage outside of 22.

Moderator Emeritus

For what it's worth I am still seeking Unique; Powder Valley does not have it in stock as well as others. Re the free HazMat -- wow -- again, if it wasn't for bad luck I might not have had any luck at all. I just ordered two pounds each (they have a 4lb powder minimum) from Graf & Sons of Titegroup and Varget. Checking Powder Valley -- they command a dollar LESS each, so I could've saved four dollars, as well as Hazmat; don't know what they get for shipping, but -- one saving grace -- I did a review for Graf so I got free shipping.
    Oh well... it's only money
    geo

Boolit Master

I am down to just haunting the local gun shops and hoping I guess. Living on social security makes for a tight budget. A lb. of H110 from Hodgdon would have been $107. plus and a lb. from Powder Valley would be $77.00 plus. A 1 lb. bottle of H110 would be a lifetime supply for me. The difference in the price of HAMAT from the 2 is striking: Hodgdon $44.plus and PV $22. plus. The dealer sets the HAZMAT fee--not the government. I have an 8 lb. jug of International Clay that I would sell to someone at a very good price if I could ship it but UPS makes you bring HAZMAT material to a regional hub and that is miles away from me in a city that I know nothing about their streets. The shooter that is not have deep pockets is getting squeeze right out of the ammo and reloading market by greed and government policies. I only have a few (a little over a hundred 410 shells to load) and paying that much for powder does not make sense. I am not mad at Hodgdon but I just cannot afford their product now. Simple as that. james

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12