Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: loadall or mec super sizer?

Boolit Man

loadall or mec super sizer?

i loaded about a 1000 rounds of 410 on a pounder kit & need to size the brass on the loaded rounds, would the lee loadall do, or do i need the super sizer? alot of $ difference thanks

Boolit Master

Lee doesn't make a Load-All in 410. You could get a 444 Marlin reloading die set and a 7.62x54 shell holder and size them up. I use the 444 to resize brass shells. Another option is to get the resize ring from Mec and use it with a load all. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+ring&_sacat=0
    Ether get creative or $$. One more option is to find an old Mec JR and then buy the conversion kit from ebay/mec. https://www.ebay.com/itm/27321713030...3ABFBMiILl05hj
    You'll still be looking at $200 or more

Boolit Man
    thanks will give it a try, happy trails

Since they are loaded I think you would need to use a Mec Grabber typer sizer. (segmented fingers) Could make a .410 sizing ring; the trick would be to get the ring off a loaded shell using a loader and not buckling the shell or messing up the crimp when stripping forces are high. When using a sizing ring you would probably need to take the decapping pin out of the sizer and maybe use the primer station to strip the sizing ring off. I think this may work on my DL-266 410 loader not sure if I could with a Mec 410. Would want the sizer to support the whole shell so it would not buckle the loaded shell when stripping it off

I do not recall where I saw this; someone machined delrin or UHMW tubes that would the 410 shells would slip into and he would use a 12 ga LEE Load All to load the shells. Kind of like a LEE Loader combined with a Load All.