Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Can't Find an Answer to Lee 9mm Mold

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    mgunner, as you can see, we're all enthusiastic about all things cast bullets! LOL, glad to see you sticking around, Welcome to the forum again!
    Thank you Bazoo!

Boolit Mold
    Well it looks like the package was lost. Contacted merchant and it was shipped 1/2. UPS doesn't have it. So now have to wait for merchant to reship it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedjack View Post
    Had good luck using automotive rubbing compound to polish cavities and sizing dies helps keep me from getting too aggressive and imparts a nice shine. Someone suggested placing a 1/4" nut over the cavities and pouring lead through the nut into the cavities without the sprue plate in place then use a nut driver to turn the lap instead of the screw in a cast bullet.
    Like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saeco457.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	321946
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Lee 356-120-TC 6 cavity mold; GTG. Drops at .358 with alloy @ 11.3 BHN. Use .357 sizer for .356 slug. Powder Coated; No Leading. Have used this alloy up to 1600 fps with great results.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedjack View Post
    Had good luck using automotive rubbing compound to polish cavities and sizing dies helps keep me from getting too aggressive and imparts a nice shine. Someone suggested placing a 1/4" nut over the cavities and pouring lead through the nut into the cavities without the sprue plate in place then use a nut driver to turn the lap instead of the screw in a cast bullet.
    Float the nuts in pot while you preheat the mold to insure a good fill out. use tweezers or cheap needle nosed pliers to pluck the nuts out and place them on the mold before pouring to avoid poor fillout issues. Do one at a time.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Mold
    I received the package on 1/11. So now I have everything I need except for some anti seize lube, gloves, and warmer weather.

Boolit Bub
    I hope you try the tumble lube Lee 124 TC mold. I have one in 6 cavities and found it cast incredible bullets at higher temperatures. The bullets frost slightly and fall from the mold mostly. Using BHN 12 or so alloy and I do not size at all for my M9A4 Berretta. My buddy has a Canik and the same bullet must be sized to .356 or the slide won't close. They are all different in some capacity. That TC bullet though out of my Berretta is scary accurate. I use a load of Silhouette under it. All is well. Hope you find the going easy.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Dusty you are correct, I should have said lapping compound.
    I could only find Permatex valve grinding compound near me. It starts at 220 grit and grinds down to 120 grit. Kept twisting the valve in the seat until the sound of the grinding compound almost stopped. Tested the pot by pouring water into it and the valve stops the water from dripping out. So if it keeps water from dripping, it should keep lead from dripping. I'll see once the weather warms up so I can cast outside. Thank you for your help.

Boolit Mold
    That's the mold I have. Just waiting for the weather to warm up so I can start to cast. Thanks for the comment.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234