Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: .375 Raptor

.375 Raptor

Hi all,

Anyone here loaded for 375 Raptor, or a similar 375-08 wildcat?

I have been researching a 16" barrel bolt action rifle build I want to have together for next winter, for suppressed hunting. I would also be handloading for this rifle, and learning how to handload, as I have not done any loading yet. The rounds in consideration currently are: 338 Federal, 358 Win, and 375 Raptor. The first two are pretty straight forward, but the 375 Raptor is a wildcat, and probably always will be. There are barrel manufacturers that make prefits for it, however, and reloading dies can be found, and there is some load data out there. I read that the Gordon reloading tool also has data for it. With the 358 Win, I would still be getting a 375 suppressor, so the 375 Raptor would be matched to the can. A little extra bore diameter would also have more bearing surface for the gasses so I would have more efficiency/velocity out of the shorter barrel. It seems like I could squeeze the most out of a 308 case, and get the best performance out of the suppressor, with the bigger bore.

My concerns is that I would just be setting myself up for headaches, trying to learn to reload something that does not have SAMII specs.

Do you all think there would be enough resources for a new loader to learn to load something like the 375 Raptor, which has some data out there, but is not in traditional loading manuals?

Thanks,
    -pg
    If the founders gave us the right to bear arms so we can hunt, why didn't they also give us the right to bear water buckets so we can drink?

Boolit Buddy
    The 375 raptor is a great wildcat. Cases are easy to form from 308 270 8mm 30-06 its the case head that you are looking for . I load for a AR-10 with a 24" barrel it has a threaded brake on it but no can. I shoot a 379gr. cast powder coated bullet with CFE Black and pushing them to around 1600 fps and get 1 1/2 " groups at a 100 yards, I also make a Jacket out of a 9mm case and a lead core that weighs 385gr. that I push to around 2100 fps. but the damage to meat is to much for deer . For learning the reloading and forming if I were you I would get a good 300 Black out and start forming cases from 5.56, 223 then when you have mastered that jumpily over the Raptors , don't forget about the 45 Rapter ( like a 45-70 but in a AR-10) let me know if I can help , have fun.

James

Banner Sponsor

My suggestion would be to start with the 358 Win and learn to reload with it. Loading for wildcats can be done, but you really need to have a firm grasp on internal ballistics before you start driving a formula one car.
    I am building my own .358 Wildcat currently, but I've been loading for decades, so not having any published load data doesn't bother me at all.
    Best of luck on your project.
    Glenn.