Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snack Sticks

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Had them in the smoker for almost 5 hours and they never got hot enough to sweat any grease out. Didn't surprise me at one degree above zero. They at least got 5 hours of non stop solid thick rolling smoke from the big pile of cherry branches. I took them out and popped in the kitchen oven set at 225 degrees. After 18 min the internal temp was just under 190 degrees. Took the sticks out and wiped off all the grease that sweated out and threw them in zip lock bags and into the fridge.

Last edited by Tripplebeards; 01-19-2024 at 11:19 PM.

I have made probably five or six batches since my last post. I have another batch in my smoker right now with two different flavors. The last couple batches I mixed in orange sauce, sweet and sour sauce, and general tow’s sauce I found at the grocery store. I mix it in instead of water boy does that stuff taste awesome it’s like going to a Chinese buffet along with smokehouse flavor! lol. I actually mixed in those three sauces with venison along with some meat, tenderizer and red Robin seasoning. Did this experimental with 1 pound today so we’ll see how they turn out. They might not be salty enough, but I bet you they probably will still taste good. I’ll just have to separate them to remember they need to get eaten right away since there is no preservative type of salt in them to keep them long-term.

Boolit Master

I have those sauces that you mention.
    That sounds really good.
    How much of it do you mix into a 5# batch?

I just did it by feel. I tried to piece out of the smoker and it tasted pretty good last night. They seem to taste better after they sit in the fridge overnight and whatever grease or lard is left in them to harden the sticks up a little. I can tell you I do like the taste better of the seasoning mix not that there’s anything wrong with the homemade mix. They are just a little spicier with the seasoning supplied in the box. I’ll have to start experimenting with seasonings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12