MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Fatherhood Rule #1

Boolit Master

Fatherhood Rule #1

You’re children must always know, both in their hearts & in their minds, that their father loves them.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    I agree. Rule 2..

Do everything possible to protect them from anything, and show them to protect others and themselves.

Rule#3, prepare for the day they are 18 and pray for 1/2 of their wisdom

Rule #4....or in my personal case, #1. - Allow them to fail, early and often. Then, most importantly, take the time to lovingly help them discover why they failed and TEACH them how to avoid said failure in the future.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    Rule# 5
    Be their father, NOT their friend!

Rules#6
    I can protect you from all kinds of things in life, but I can't protect you from yourself!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Rule 7, be there for them and include them in your life. They are more important than your buddies.

Rule #9 - Teach them to be critical thinkers. Just because you are told by someone who should know, that doesn't make it truth.

Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    Rule #4....or in my personal case, #1. - Allow them to fail, early and often. Then, most importantly, take the time to lovingly help them discover why they failed and TEACH them how to avoid said failure in the future.
    This is the most important. Do not protect your children from their failures. If you do, they will not become men and women. Keep them safe, of course, but let them make you cry. Then teach them to learn from their mistakes.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Moderator Emeritus

Most importantly tell them you love them every day and will always love them no matter what. I have told my kids every day of their lives that I love them. Text them every night telling them that. I may not be able to see them but they will always know they are loved by someone. My kids are 31 and 29 and I will continue that practice till I die, and maybe beyond that. Who knows.

Boolit Master

I treated my kids (44 and 42) like I did my sailors. If it was good enough for your kids it was good enough for mine. Worked out well in the end.

Rule #10 Keep a close eye on their teachers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    You’re children must always know, both in their hearts & in their minds, that their father loves them.
    In my mind; this is mandatory; I raised 4 boys, 3 my own and 1 adopted, no relation; now also have 4 grandsons and 1 granddaughter. Each is an individual unto themselves....... Keep in mind; you do not divide your love for them you multiply it.......... There are three kinds of people in this world ! Sheep; who follow blindly' Wolves; who pray on the sheep; Guard dogs; who protect the sheep; I raised / and am still raising, all of mine, to be guard dogs........
    Last edited by BLAHUT; 12-31-2023 at 01:45 PM.

Boolit Master

Rule #11
    Always keep your word to your children. Never tell /promise them something, and then not follow through.

Rule #12
    Never whip or beat your kids into submission. It broke my spirit. Now, if someone raises a belt on me, "there will be blood".
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.