Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Shipping costs.???

Shipping costs.???

What is the most cost effective way to mail some bullets to a friend?

Boolit Grand Master

The usps flat rate boxes rate is hard to beat. its a good weight to cost ratio.
    cast and lubed bullets I would look for the styrofoam ammo trays stack the bullets in them cover with another and tape no damage no rattle 2 or 3 should fit in a small flat rate box.

Go to Pirate Ship dot com. I use it a lot to ship bullets to rifles.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by steveu View Post
    Thanks, ever heard of them but they sound like a great option.

https://clark.com/save-money/pirate-ship-review/
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

Wrap the boolits in USPS Tyvek bags and place those inside a USPS Flat Rate padded bubble mailer. This is what I’ve found best for a few hundred. Stands up to abuse far better than a box unless you reinforce the heck out of it. Easily exceeds the capacity of a small FRB at the same cost.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master

Keep in mind:

U.S. Postal Service Proposes New Prices scheduled to take effect Jan. 21, 2024
    First-Class Forever stamp will be 68 cents. Other shipping will increase about 5%.

I did not find any citations of Flat Rate Shipping increasing - but I could have missed it too.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by steveu View Post
    What he said
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master
    Using a Tyvek envelope is a good idea. Even if the box gets broken, the tyvek should hold the bullets(boolits)

Lots of boolits.

Boolit Master

I’ve shipped and received a lot of brass and bullets. When a package leaves, be it my home or a manufacturing plant, it looks like a box. How it looks upon arrival depends on how well it was packed and how it was handled en route. Things to consider:
    - most carriers have weight limits. Seventy pounds sticks in my memory. That’s a little over 4,200 bullets (9mm 115 gr). In the past I’ve waited for a Berry’s or Xtreme sale and ordered 8 to 10 thousand pistol bullets. From Xtreme they’d arrive as four or five large boxes with four 500-bullet boxes in each. I figure a company that ships tons of bullets daily must have a plan.

- most of the bullet companies I’ve dealt with use UPS, I’m sure they get a special volume rate. I didn’t find them competitive with USPS for my purposes.
    - I’m pretty sure you could fit the aforementioned 4,200 bullets in a USPS MFRB. you’ll definitely want to double the box (Amazon and Walmart both ship in boxes that will fit tightly inside a MFRB). And put a full height divider bulkhead in the middle to reduce the chance of crushing. Between postage and tape and gasoline, those 4,200 bullets will cost you around a penny a piece to ship.
    - invest in a roll or two of reinforced strapping tape ($6 at WM) and wrap the entire doubled-up box if you’re shipping more than 20 lbs.
    - seams will split, corners will rip but the strapping tape will save the shipment. I’ve had LFRB’s arrive at the destination looking like pillows. But full pillows.
    - if package condition is an indication, the dock hands at UPS are more careful than those at USPS.
    Good luck!