Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Mp 359125

Boolit Mold

Mp 359125

Anyone pushed the mp 359125 at carbine velocity’s say 1400-1600 fps? Wondering how the hollow point would hold up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    A 168 grain HP from my 357 carbine cast in 1-1-98 at around 1750 fps impact completely disintegrated and the 30 grain gas check and base driving band were found in jug 3. I bet that would tear up a groundhog better than any 22-250.

My NOE truncated cone has HP and a really tiny cup point. The cup point with 3-3-94 air cooled alloy will retain 100% weight up to 1800 fps impact but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to be near as accurate as the lee 125-rf that shoots great up to 2100 fps.

Boolit Master
    You know, I have one and few 9mm carbines to test in. But I never have shot that bullet in them. Don't have a 357mag to try, but I bet it would do precisely how mnewcomb59 suggests. Judging from what I've seen, this HP is really optimized for typical pistol velocities. It would be quite explosive at higher velocities....
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Mold
    This bullet shoots great in 9mm & 38/357 mag. WW alloy is my standard with Eastwood powder coating.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAA444.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	321676

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by T.J.Smith View Post
    This bullet shoots great in 9mm & 38/357 mag. WW alloy is my standard with Eastwood powder coating.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAA444.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	321676
    TJ, if you don't mind me asking, what load are you using in 38spl? I've loaded over 5grs of unique, which was VERY accurate. But a little lacking in the velocity, and has a gigantic fireball. Always looking to see what others are doing with it...
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Boolit Mold
    I load 3.9 grs of win 231 in 9mm & 38 special. 357 mag is 10.0 grs of blue dot. No leading at all with powder coating no matter what speed you shoot them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1100.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	321699

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by T.J.Smith View Post
    I load 3.9 grs of win 231 in 9mm & 38 special. 357 mag is 10.0 grs of blue dot. No leading at all with powder coating no matter what speed you shoot them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1100.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	321699
    Any idea what those 38spl loads are moving at velocity wise? My estimates were around 900fps with 5gr of Unique. But I don't have a Chronograph, so it's just a best guess based on what I had seen in the manuals for similar bullets.

Boolit Master
    I shoot lots of them in the old Rossi 92 and in revolver, one of my favorite group buy molds, up to 6 grains be-86 in 38 spl and up to 9 grains in 357mag. all I use is carnauba red lube sized at .360

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    Any idea what those 38spl loads are moving at velocity wise? My estimates were around 900fps with 5gr of Unique. But I don't have a Chronograph, so it's just a best guess based on what I had seen in the manuals for similar bullets.
    Max load in the Lyman manual is 5.1 grs 231 (986 FPS) I would guess about 800 FPS , shoots accurate, has light recoil & easy to make. I load pink bullets for my daughter's gun.