Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Ruger .44 Mag Blackhawk Real Bummer!!!!

Boolit Master

I hope Plowboy checks the cylinder/barrel gap!!!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    Thanks
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by Loudenboomer View Post
    Had a 480 SBH that arrived Ill fitting and out of time. Pulling the hammer was similar to kicking over my old Harley. Sent it back. I was very impressed when it was returned. I think the business plan is to rely on good machining and cheep fast help assembling. Many customers may not know or care if there gun is only almost good enough. For the Few that do. Send it back and we'll make it right by paying the high dollar guy make sure it fits. Probably saves them money in the long run. Not just picking on Ruger. I have a rather expensive Springfield Armory 1911 that would not run reliably after hundreds of rounds. Returned it and it came back excellent.
    Kel-Tec is like that too. 95% of their guns are fine for the 50-100 rounds/year shooter. If you send it back, they go thru the whole thing and make it 100% dream shooter.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gc45 View Post
    The way of right now. Gun makers have slowed or stopped building the old quality of the past so the trash is coming out for sale and many are buying it, and for to high a price. The left along with enviornmentalists are doing a good job ruining our rights and it effects us all; makers, sellers and buyers alike in every aspect of life's desires.
    What does the left have to do with gun mfg quality issues? Just curious.

I don't blame the left for this. All of these quality issues are on the gun mfgs and have nothing to do with politics. I think it is just greed, like others have said. Put out a bunch of guns so the unknowing buy them. Accept the fact that less than 5% will be returned for repair. Then spend a bit of time fixing the issue and the 'gun people' will praise your customer service and the final product.

This year already I've purchased two new Ruger revolvers. I intend to purchase another very soon. The quality is top notch.

Boolit Master

Ruger has sent my Super Blackhawk back, and it is perfect. They replaced the barrel and the cylinder! The barrel/cylinder gap is now .005".

Also they fitted new grips, as the original set were ill fitting. The new grip panels fit the frame smoothly, contoured nicely with stainless frame.

Great customer service from Ruger!

Boolit Buddy
    Hickok, did you send it back yourself or did you go through an FFL? Ruger wants $45 shipping each way to replace my cylinder if I send it in myself. THANKS USPS!!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fordwannabe View Post
    Hickok, did you send it back yourself or did you go through an FFL? Ruger wants $45 shipping each way to replace my cylinder if I send it in myself. THANKS USPS!!!!
    Friend, I had my dealer (FFL) send it back for me, and Ruger then returned the SuperBK to my dealer, no charge for warranty work.

When I first called Ruger, they said it would have to be returned Fed-EX,...had to be a Fed-Ex main office, no drop-box or by FFL. They would send RMA to me or my dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    Post #3 Sorry you have to go through this, but Ruger will take care of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    Ruger has sent my Super Blackhawk back, and it is perfect. They replaced the barrel and the cylinder! The barrel/cylinder gap is now .005".

Also they fitted new grips, as the original set were ill fitting. The new grip panels fit the frame smoothly, contoured nicely with stainless frame.

Great customer service from Ruger!
    Glad to hear it.