Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: rcbs A2 question

Boolit Master

rcbs A2 question

i have a rcbs a-2 that i am thinking about setting up. the question that i have is. for those of you that use this press; how do you catch the primers? the only thing that i can think of is a bucket....

Boolit Man

A2

You can get most of them in a bucket. Others don't always fall thru to the bucket.

Boolit Buddy
    Not certain where the primers come out from on the A2 but my RS come out the front and get caught on a horseshoe shaped catcher, I know there's people selling printed catchers for other styles, Google it, you might find one that works for you.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master
    Don’t know if there is a difference, but on my 2A, they go into a hole in the ram and come out a hole in the back when the ram is lowered again. I put a trash bag underneath to catch (most of) the primers as they drop out.

Works the way it’s supposed to with Small primers, but with Large, it will go a while and then start piling them up in the ram. I keep a piece of old guitar string handy and use the ball end to roto-root the jammed primers out before they fill the ram and erupt out of the shell holder.

A minor annoyance; no worse than cleaning the catcher on the Rock Chucker and having to remove the priming arm to get the primers and residue out of the slot so it can be used again.

The only perfect spent primer handling system is on the Bonanza/Forster machines, IMHO. In all the rest, the default spent primer catcher winds up being the loading room floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    IMHO. In all the rest, the default spent primer catcher winds up being the loading room floor.
    I've done that.
    It works, and gives me a reason to sweep real well before I get new ones out on the bench,
    for when some of them start jumping and flying around.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Big Tom makes 3D prints primer catchers he might be able to help you. I have one for my Supreme and it works great.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/mem...p?7618-Big-Tom

Boolit Master
    Check ETSY, lots of stuff for reloading presses. There are several primer catchers for many different presses, you’d have to search for your particular one.