RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Redhawks

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    Back before electricity & indoor plumbing, there was a couple who made & sold, "the one ragged hole" rear peep sight. it was a simple thing. just a flat piece of metal that replaced the rear sight insert. you'ld take out the original sight blade and replace it with the new one, which had a hole acting like a peep sight. it was fully adjustable per the original set up. worked great. I still have mine installed.
    https://www.rugerforum.net/threads/o...-sight.402350/
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by castmiester View Post
    I recently found a Redhawk 7.5 inch barrel 44 mag, blued in excellent shape $535 with body holster. Even though I'm bifocal, is there better than factory sights I can add on to shoot better ?

I don't think this pistol will move any time soon, but if it does it does..... I have 180 days on the permit.
    I am a bifocal wearer and have fought red dots for years for one reason or another....mine are on smaller pistols used for self-protection (with one exception). I have 35 years of L.E. experience and felt that at the distance we would be justified to use deadly force I felt that there was no need for a red dot and couple that with my excuse that it is something to fail when spam hits the fan I just was not willing to gamble with my life....now, I have to admit that I was wrong. I am converting and with bifocals find it easier to use and I have a red dot on my S&W 22 Magnum and can hit the 8" gong at 100 yards. I use Holosum, Burris FastFire 3, and Sig Romeo red dots and they are great....around $200 each on sale and guaranteed for life and I feel that my life is worth that price. For me the hardest part is acquiring the red dot....have a great hunt for what ya want brother!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

I have a large frame Blackhawk in .45 Colt. I tried the Wiegand 'no drill mount' for my Burris FF red dot, thought it raised the rd too high. Ended up following Larry's advice (post #17) using a piece of Weaver base. Doesn't interfere with the original irons, and I am very happy with it. The large frame BH is capable of Tier 3 loads, which are more than I will ever need or want. The Blackhawk is a more economical option too. hc18flyer

Boolit Mold
    in the same boat with bad eyes/bifocals. Hi vis sights won't work for me. I can either focus on the sights or the target, at least that is how my glasses seem to function. Red dot all the way for a range gun. Scope is good if you are shooting off a rest or hunting more than 50 yards (just my opinion). I have a 6moa RMR w/suppressor sights on my carry glock and a 1moa RMR on a ruger mkII 512 squirrel gun, both trijicon. Really like them. Thinking about putting one on a gp100 357 that I recently took the 2x scope off. I put the weigand rail on my redhawk 44. Don't like it as much as an old B-square scope rail I put on my gp100 but pretty sure those rails are no longer made. B-square was lower profile and looked cleaner but that may just be due to slight frame differences between gp100 and redhawk.

A couple friends have burris and aimpoint, both are nice red dots. Those have a smaller top frame than the trijicon which I actually really like when I compared the different units. I think it makes the viewable area slightly larger than the RMR units I have with thick frames.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by hc18flyer View Post
    I have a large frame Blackhawk in .45 Colt. I tried the Wiegand 'no drill mount' for my Burris FF red dot, thought it raised the rd too high. Ended up following Larry's advice (post #17) using a piece of Weaver base. Doesn't interfere with the original irons, and I am very happy with it. The large frame BH is capable of Tier 3 loads, which are more than I will ever need or want. The Blackhawk is a more economical option too. hc18flyer
    Agree, the wiegand redhawk mount is higher than I would prefer, but since I am using a scope on that gun I can just use lower rings. With many of the red dots the mount is a fixed height so it is what it is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123