Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scope for a springer air rifle

Boolit Master

When I bought my HW 95 a couple of years ago I put a Hawke Vantage IR 3x9x40 on it, nice glass!

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/h...547549270ccc15
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master

gloob I had not seen your reply for 6 days I tried using all the stopped on the welded on rail and putting the scope ring on the turret I even placed epoxy in the scope rings and the rail slots ! I wonder if I should have gone with JB weld it is harder . I just added the epoxy to the bottom ring under the scope even butted up to the turret it broke free? So far the 4 rings are holding .

On a side note I had a set of Weaver rings I put on my 30-06 and they would not stay tight on close inspection I found the holes for the scope rings were drilled but not tapped! Tapping the holes even after having the 6-48 screws in place produced good threads and they have held a old Redfield wide view in place for 27 shots on a High Point .45 acp carbine .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I bedded my air gun scope rails with loc tite blue. They all still came loose. I then bedded with loc tite red. They are all solid in place and have never came loose. Never plan on removing them from my air rifles and pistols anyways.

Boolit Master

No knowledge of the one you referenced, but my go-to scope for anything with low recoil is the Simmons 22 Mag scope. I've put them on a half dozen different things and have been very happy with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12