Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thread "Necromancy" Rules?

Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    Even if the OP solved it 13 years ago, someone else is eventually going to have the same problem.
    Very true. Especially as new members come along.
    That's why bringing back old threads is received so well.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Honestly, it doesn't doesn't bother me if a member revives an older thread. If nothing else, it gives us a chance to point out how a particular topic has developed over time - either becoming more prevalent, or irrelevant, to just down right outdated... Look at my link in the bottom of my signature "Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!" which links to a thread called "Let's Talk Storage". That thread is 15 years old and it's still getting responses. That was back when I was still lubesizing my boolits. I've been PCing for at least several years now, and no long use that method any more. As a matter of fact, I've gotten away from the last method I was using (4x4x4 boxes). Now I just use ziplock bags taped up and labeled - since I PC everything now I don't have to worry about lube coming out of the grooves...

If you've got questions, or even something to add, post away. Who cares how old the thread is. The purpose of this forum is knowledge. And as knowledge changes we should correct that knowledge.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master
    Reviving old threads also has a purpose when the old threads reference powders that are no longer available and people have found replacements so the old thread is updated with new information. And the part about not reading the whole thread is one of my pet peeves, it happens all the time with new threads. People make comments that make no sense because it was covered 10 posts before theirs but they did not take the time to read the thread, they just red the first post and then skipped to the end and commented.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    Reviving old threads also has a purpose when the old threads reference powders that are no longer available and people have found replacements so the old thread is updated with new information. And the part about not reading the whole thread is one of my pet peeves, it happens all the time with new threads. People make comments that make no sense because it was covered 10 posts before theirs but they did not take the time to read the thread, they just red the first post and then skipped to the end and commented.
    I make a firm exception for this rule when the thread is more than 10ish pages long. There are threads on this forum that number in the high double digits, maybe hundreds, long. Expecting someone to read all of that before chiming in is just laughable.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    I make a firm exception for this rule when the thread is more than 10ish pages long. There are threads on this forum that number in the high double digits, maybe hundreds, long. Expecting someone to read all of that before chiming in is just laughable.
    And sounding like a broken record is just as laughable.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    You should go in your settings and set it to display more posts per page. I think the default is 10 per page, which is a holdover from dialup days. Even still, the homemade BP thread is better searched through google than reading through so many posts, but thats about the only post on here that is interesting and very long that I have found.

Boolit Master
    I was talking about new threads with one or two pages max. I see it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    I was talking about new threads with one or two pages max. I see it all the time.
    Agreed.

Boolit Mold
    I would rather someone respond to an old thread than start a new one. That way I only have to read through one thread to gather information.

I think the correct term is "zombie" thread. LOL

It is funny when someone responds to a question like "should I buy XYZ or ZYX?" that the OP asked like 10 years ago. As someone said above the usual next response is "this thread is over 10 years old I think they have decided by now."

Zombie threads don't bother me, there are a lot of times when the old information is useful. I have had some thread I started over 10 years before that pop back up with new discussion. I think it's kind of cool when than happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12