Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh, the joy of a 4 stall garage and a 1,900 sq. ft. house

Boolit Buddy

Oh, the joy of a 4 stall garage and a 1,900 sq. ft. house

Somehow, I have misplaced my wife's 9mm pistol, my S&W Combat Masterpiece and our M60 357M. Where Have I Put Them??? All others are accounted for...

Where did I put them??? Man, I hate getting old!!!

Getting old is not for the meek.

About the only benefit I've found for it is that now,,,, I can hide my own Easter eggs.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

I found a missing (for two years) 9mm last year amongst the shoe cubbyholes in the master closet……
    I feel your pain…..��

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks! I'll look in the shoe cubbyholes in the morning. My wife made me promise to wait until daylight to look (apparently too many beers into Friday to try to find the guns). That might be part of the issue???

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I found a missing (for two years) 9mm last year amongst the shoe cubbyholes in the master closet……
    I feel your pain…..��
    Thanks! I'll look in the shoe cubbyholes in the morning. Also the hallway closet. Under the bed is MY 9mm pistol and the PCC9, both with loaded mags, separate from the firearm. My wife made me promise to wait until daylight to look.

Did the same a few years ago and misplaced a RBH. Went in to panic mode and found it under the work bench.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Getting old is not for the meek.

About the only benefit I've found for it is that now,,,, I can hide my own Easter eggs.
    Yeah, but it's Christmas. I've already wrapped my own gifts and can't remember what I'm getting Isn't it great???

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondolane View Post
    Did the same a few years ago and misplaced a RBH. Went in to panic mode and found it under the work bench.
    I've looked there. I recall them being on the reloading bench, making sure of the "plunk test". I recall stacking each, encased in their respective hard cases, I vaguely recall bringing them from the reloading bench into the house. Where I put them is lost...

Man, I hate not being 20 anymore...

But did you check the obvious places? Like your back pocket for the M-60. Coat pocket for the bigger guns. Bathroom sink. You know, the places that are hard to look
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master

This is reassuring, strangely so. I am not alone. At the moment I am wondering where I left my Mossberg 500, 18" riot gun. It's here someplace. Hope there's no riots till I find it.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master
    I "lost" a Beretta 92 for almost a year. This was before the massive downsizing I have been doing.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Dad had a similar experience in his latter years.

He was returning from an afternoon of shooting with his buddy. Had more fun than expected and stayed a bit long. As he was getting near the house his blood sugar was tanking. Knowing that once he trudged into the house he wouldn’t feel like getting out again that evening, so he grabbed his couple of rifle cases in one hand. In the other hand he grabbed his shooting bag and the clam shell pistol case which held his Smith Model 19. Once inside, he deposited his load just inside the front door and headed for his easy chair. Later after some food and feet up, he showered and went to bed.

Following morning was busy. Mom moved his gun pile into the guest bedroom to get them out of sight for company coming. So it was the day after that when Dad got around to cleaning the guns and putting them away properly.

Two rifles cleaned and put away. Check. Shooting bag, spent cases put on the loading bench, unfired returned to ammo shelf. Check. Model 19? Where’s the Model 19? Must be in the house.

No. Not in the guest room. Not at the front door. Not in the pickup. Mom didn’t remember seeing a revolver or revolver case. He definitely remembered bringing it in the house that night. Where could it be? He answered the door when the company came and he was certain the revolver case was not by the front door then, so Mom must have moved it. Right? No she didn’t remember any revolver or revolver case. She put all his stuff in the guest room. ??????

About a year later he called me excited like a kid with a new bicycle. He found it! Turns out Mom had put it on the top shelf of the guest room closet thinking it was a box he used to carry his ammunition in. All the pistol cases she ever saw were the zippered canvas butterfly rug type cases. She didn’t know they made them out of plastic now.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Master
    I found my Hipoint 45 in the top shelf in the laundry closet, after missing it for almost 2 years

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Wooserco View Post
    I've looked there. I recall them being on the reloading bench, making sure of the "plunk test". I recall stacking each, encased in their respective hard cases, I vaguely recall bringing them from the reloading bench into the house. Where I put them is lost...

Man, I hate not being 20 anymore...
    I am guilty! Lost the muzzle break to my AR, it's.... Somewhere.. In This... House... Somewhere..

Lost the drive caddy out of my laptop, it's.... Somewhere.. In This... House... Somewhere..

I can't cook from memory anymore, I have saved tried and tested recipes that I have to carefully go line by line and make sure I didn't forget anything.

I made cornbread and I could have sworn I put the baking soda and salt in the cornmeal, and I set the cornmeal aside in the cabinet for a day, ugh.. Had to toss it. I SHOULD have just tasted the cornmeal I would have found and corrected my mistake.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Just buy new ones. That's what I do with everything else I can't find. They'll turn up eventually.....
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Master

Our librarian mentioned to me a few years ago that the upside of Alsheimer's is that you can read the same book........over and over and over.

Now I am experiencing it.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Buddy

It's defiantly a scary period of time. Just have to learn to deal with it. I have had a couple of friends call and ask if they had loaned me a particular gun! Funnything, after telling them No,, I told one to check his underwear drawer. Darned if that wasn;t where it was GW

You know guys, you always find them in the last place you look

Me, I never lose anything, I just forget where I left it. Or can't remember if I had it.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

I was working on building a rifle out of the de Haas book. Mr Singleshots Book of Rifle Plans. I was making the barrel from a 1" gunsmithing blank. Double step profile, octagon profile at the receiver. Had the chamber cut, muzzle crowned. And the receiver was nearly done. Next step was to start on the stock. I'd done everything except the barrel work by hand. Hacksaws, files, other hand tools. I had innumerable hours invested.

Well, life happens and I wound up moving 3 times within 2 years.

Yep, that barrel and receiver still haven't turned up. At this point I'm convinced they got thrown out accidentally somehow.

Wouldn't be so bad except things like that can not be replaced. Only one of it's kind anywhere.

I try to not think about it much. Nothing to be done but start over.

While all you guys are looking, please let me know if you find an extra Gen 4 Glock 19 or a S&W Shield 9mm with laser. I'll report back on anything extra I find just in case....
    Tony

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast