WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Glock after market barrels

Boolit Master

Glock after market barrels

Would anyone using one of the barrels sold for Glocks to shoot cast give me your thoughts on them. Do they work as advertised?

Boolit Master
    I used a lone wolf in my Glock 29 10 mm converted to 40 short and wimpy. I honestly don’t remember ever having a malfunction. Loaded with the Lee 140g tumble lubed. Sold the gun to a buddy who became a bush pilot he didn’t want the barrel now I’m stuck with it.

I used to run a 40 to 9mm in a Glock 27. Shot lead just fine. Sold my gun to a younger police officer who wanted an ankle gun. Sold the barrel to a member here. Worked perfectly.

Ran a high end barrel in my Glock 45acp for years with no issues. Bought a beautiful 1911 so the Glock went. Think that was a KKM barrel.

I would say they work great with lead.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have had good results with a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel in a Glock 22. Would recommend them.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Thanks for information, I just bought a Gen 4 Model 23 .40 S&W. I have shot cast in the polygonal bores with pc'd boolits and that worked fine. I'm thinking of going back to WLL 2500+.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Thanks for information, I just bought a Gen 4 Model 23 .40 S&W. I have shot cast in the polygonal bores with pc'd boolits and that worked fine. I'm thinking of going back to WLL 2500+.
    WLL 2500+ works just fine in my Glock 22 Gen 3 OEM barrel.
    COME AND TAKE IT
    Let’s Go Brandon!!!!

Boolit Master
    Thanks Ed

Boolit Master
    I have the Lone Wolf 9MM conversion barrel for my Glock Mod 23 and the POI is nearly identical. Very happy with the conversion barrel.

Boolit Buddy
    Have used KKM barrels without issue in 9MM, 40 and 10MM glocks. Zero luck with the older Lone Wolf barrels, maybe they are better now. They wanted extra money to re-cut the chamber for my reloads. The same loads fit and fired from Glock, Ruger, S&W and Keltec barrels without issue so I sold/returned the barrels.

I put a Lone Wolf, Alpha Wolf, 357 Sig barrel in my 23 LEO turn in 40. The Alpha barrel is 5" long, fluted and threaded, with a very short ramp so the case web is supported. That supported web was really my interest. I am just in the function testing stage at the moment and so far so good. However the 357 Sig is a fuel injected 9mm. The last loads I shot were with AA #9 at a grain below max, they still produced flat and cratered SRPs with 124s but no web bulge in the case. Irregardless of what the manual says, that load is a +max load in that particular barrel.
    But, as with all Glocks, having no barrel bushing, they are only Glock accurate. Thinking about making a tapered, muzzle adapter for that barrel on my lathe to create a bushingless style barrel bulge to lock up both ends of the barrel. My intent for this 357 Sig barrel is to use the 38 Super 160 gr RN hard cast in it with a stout load.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0641.jpg  
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Man
    I have a black swenson barrel and slide on my glock 9. Being coated inside and out I had some reservations about cast in it but have not had any issues with leading or other such issues. Runs and shoots just fine.
    Sam

Boolit Master
    I have always run KKM. They work great

I have an Alpha Wolf G34 barrel in my PSA Dagger Glock 19 clone. It shoots 3/4" 25yd groups with the Lee 358-158RF and has a very long throat allowing it to chamber nearly any bullet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lZDZr4W.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	321330
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6ioGMuq.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	321331
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

I have to ask - why change the barrel? I have never had an issue with Glock OEM barrels. I have a 43X and a 34 that have never seen anything but cast. ZERO issues.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Quote Originally Posted by BNE View Post
    I have to ask - why change the barrel? I have never had an issue with Glock OEM barrels. I have a 43X and a 34 that have never seen anything but cast. ZERO issues.
    Caliber change and threads are my reasons.

Boolit Master
    the first thing I did when I got a new g22 gen4 was to order 2 storm lake barrels, one in 40 s&w and one in 9mm. I never regretted it. from what I understand storm lake no longer exists. but the barrels I got from them are first rate and its a good option, for me anyway, to be able to shoot 9mm through this gun. with Glocks up to and including the gen3 models producing case bulge in 40 smith the aftermarket barrel solves that problem, no case bulge.