RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to build a heated cat house

Boolit Master
    at one time I thought my cats need a warm place on 0 degree nights. I was wrong. they get very frisky in cold. and maybe because they have lots of buildings and places to go. most recently I found two cats of mine snuggled together on top of a pile of firewood in the woodshed but it was only about 22 degrees that morning.
    if cats are healthy and they have been outdoors through the year the fur fills in and gets thick protective layers by winter. on the coldest nights they ball up and tuck the paws in under them and keep a keen eye out for anything that moves.
    in winter I like to give them some canned fish or canned food in addition to the regular kibble to keep them fat and happy. im down to only 6 very healthy cats to keep the rodent population in check around the farm. yeah I do find mouse nests sometimes but they are always empty.

Boolit Master
    I saw a very interesting video about keeping a greenhouse warm in the winter. A fella was germinating seeds and keeping sprouts alive by placing a 5 gallon bucket with lid nearly full of water with an aquarium heater located in a small portion of his greenhouse. He was dressed like Nanuke so I assume it was pretty cold at his location.

I always thought all cat houses were hot!
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Man you need to watch your titles!! Where I come from, a cat house has a very different meaning!!

Boolit Master
    You have never been to Holland. On the canals cat house line the banks with the red lights across the street. You can visit either, I went to the canal side.

Boolit Bub
    Hmmm, I've always wanted a cat house out in my back yard. May have to look into this.

My wife made some heated kitty houses for the back porch a couple years ago when we had some subzero weather for her outside kittys. One of the things you need to watch out for is the stinky kitty's like the houses too! She went out one morning and discovered stinky kitty (skunk) in one house and a opossum in the other needless to say heated housing for kitty's were removed!!!

Boolit Man
    Cat house's are a good idea ,shed etc
    Mother nature is cruel and lots of animals freeze to death every year.
    Just because they have fur does not mean that they are immune to freezing to death .
    Same thing applies to not having shade to get out of the sun and heat.
    Same thing for having enough water and food.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12