Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Chaszel barrel inserts

Banned

Chaszel barrel inserts

Im crazy, we all are crazy, its why we come here.

I was wondering if this company is in existence anymore. All of their website based notices are dated 2019 and all product is essential out of stock.

I was wondering because the idea of a cheapo bubba double rifle would be enjoyable. Im too poor to afford a custom rifle in 8x57 mauser, even in 7x57. And if i can get a 120 insert for a 400 dollar shotgun.. it could be fun.

Is there other options?

Boolit Master
    make your own..... I carried my 45/70 around today...... it was a blank barrel...got it chambered and turned down so it slides right into a.12ga and Bobs your aunties main squeeze.
    I have options...can be a single...a cape gun if poked in the side by side with buckshot in the other....or indeed the under n over....
    the options are endless if you have a lathe.

MCACE has been doing these for a long time out of AK. Probably your best bet:
    http://www.mcaceak.com/shotgun-inserts.html

There are 3 guys on ebay that sell those adapters but none are the long rifled shotgun to rifle calibers, just pistol. Here is Chaszel's store:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn....m3561.l161211

Another: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr...tgun%20adapter

And one in OZ: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr...mber%20adapter
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

I was on that site recently, and all their stock is marked as being out of stock. I comtacted the company, and. Was told thatntheynwould look around and see what they could find. Never got back to me, though. Hell of a way to run a business.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Banned
    Idneed the full length barrel, the short adapters might be nice if you were using shot shells but if you have a shotgun in your hand, your volume of lead is going to beat out a 38 sepcial shot shell load

I just recently bought an 18" .357 insert from their eBay store. That seems to be their preferred way of doing business.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marvelshooter View Post
    I just recently bought an 18" .357 insert from their eBay store. That seems to be their preferred way of doing business.
    They make no mention of that on their official website

Banned
    Can anyone feel like sharing a photo of how the full size rifle inserts actually manage to stay in the barrel, and one thing i want to ask

How do they index to the barrel in terms of "i can install it on monday, sight it in. remove it on tuseday, and reinstall with index mark on wednesday and zero holds fine".

or "i sighted my neighbors 10-22 in, removed the barel and action from stock to clean out the breech block, reassembled, and zero was spot on"

I remember along time ago an article on a brand of insert that used the shotguns ejector/extractor as a means to "index" it to the barrel.

Boolit Bub
    I have 3 Chaszel inserts, 45/70, 30/30, and on a whim bought a 30 carbine. The first 2 are 12 ga and the carbine is a 20 ga. All are very accurate. I epoxied Rem 700 sights on the 20 ga and the 12 ga is a H&R Tracker 1 with sights installed.
    There are 2 cut outs or grooves in the face of the chamber to allow you to remove the fired case. Index the grooves to where you get the best groups and either remember where that point is or mark it with a Sharpie on the breech face of your shotgun barrel. The muzzle of the insert has 3 grooves that take O-rings. These O-rings center the insert in the barrel of the shotgun. You can use 1, 2, or 3, O-rings. Only 1 works well on the 30/30 and the 30 carbine. Takes all 3 on the 45/70. Another insert or Shotgun may take a different combination. YMMV.
    Yes, I like these inserts and I have bought mine straight from the factory, no ebay. $129 each. 18" barrel. They have a 24" barrel for the 45/70 and I think it is about $150, not for sure positive on that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBob View Post
    I have 3 Chaszel inserts, 45/70, 30/30, and on a whim bought a 30 carbine. The first 2 are 12 ga and the carbine is a 20 ga. All are very accurate. I epoxied Rem 700 sights on the 20 ga and the 12 ga is a H&R Tracker 1 with sights installed.
    There are 2 cut outs or grooves in the face of the chamber to allow you to remove the fired case. Index the grooves to where you get the best groups and either remember where that point is or mark it with a Sharpie on the breech face of your shotgun barrel. The muzzle of the insert has 3 grooves that take O-rings. These O-rings center the insert in the barrel of the shotgun. You can use 1, 2, or 3, O-rings. Only 1 works well on the 30/30 and the 30 carbine. Takes all 3 on the 45/70. Another insert or Shotgun may take a different combination. YMMV.
    Yes, I like these inserts and I have bought mine straight from the factory, no ebay. $129 each. 18" barrel. They have a 24" barrel for the 45/70 and I think it is about $150, not for sure positive on that.
    But a chance you could post a picture for me though?

Quote Originally Posted by magnumuser View Post
    They make no mention of that on their official website
    You are correct. Their eBay store was the only place I could get what I wanted.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magnumuser View Post
    Can anyone feel like sharing a photo of how the full size rifle inserts actually manage to stay in the barrel, and one thing i want to ask

How do they index to the barrel in terms of "i can install it on monday, sight it in. remove it on tuseday, and reinstall with index mark on wednesday and zero holds fine".

or "i sighted my neighbors 10-22 in, removed the barel and action from stock to clean out the breech block, reassembled, and zero was spot on"

I remember along time ago an article on a brand of insert that used the shotguns ejector/extractor as a means to "index" it to the barrel.
    the chamber end is externally just like a .12ga shell..the rim of 12ga is duplicated on your barrel...now I cheated and dont have extractor,I drop small rod down from muzzle end to poke case out...no real drama. externally the insert is the same as a casting of barrel.... as for indexing,I cut a small groove through said rim and place it on same place in the big barrel...thats beside extractor down at 4 oclock..so if ever have a over pressure issue it will get voided away from my face.

Boolit Buddy
    I have found it to be hit and miss on their website. i have a 5" 38 sp. insert for my Stevens 410 and another insert for my Yiltz 410.
    The insert for the Yiltz 410 would not fit into the barrel until a fellow in this or another forum turned it down slightly for me.

Purchased a 18" 22lr insert for my Yiltz. Apparently the firing pin of the Yiltz is off center just enough to where it does not hit the primer/edge. The insert does work on my Stevens 410 though.

Ace has in the past made a 30-30 38sp inserts for my 16 ga. guns. They are not as well finished as the ones from Chaszel.

Boolit Bub
    AS for indexing you can drill a small hole in the rim area of the insert and solder a small metal pin in the hole and cut or file a notch in your extractor to except the pin and it will go in the same every time also yon should make sure the extractor dont pull back the insert when you open the action

Boolit Master
    besk...not all shotgun barrels are the same internal diameter...an Astra cyclope is much wider than a bakail..and the top barrel of U/O bakail is tighter still...and then there are the B guns which have bigger,almost .10ga sized overbored tubes.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky Duck View Post
    besk...not all shotgun barrels are the same internal diameter...an Astra cyclope is much wider than a bakail..and the top barrel of U/O bakail is tighter still...and then there are the B guns which have bigger,almost .10ga sized overbored tubes.
    You are correct!

Boolit Buddy

I have 3 of their adaptors, they are all well machined and are quite accurate. I prefer them to the Short Lane arms. I don't know how many they produce at a time, but they do sell out quickly.
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato