Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: For thought and meditation Tuesday Dec 19, 2023

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and meditation Tuesday Dec 19, 2023

Gifts for a King
    by Greg Laurie on Dec 19 2023
    They entered the house and saw the child with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasure chests and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
    —Matthew 2:11

Christmas is a time of giving, a time when we remember friends and family and give gifts in the name of Jesus.

But sadly, many of us often feel pressure to spend a lot of money or buy gifts for people with whom we have no relationship at all. Then there are times when we receive gifts from people, yet we haven’t bought gifts for them. Thus, we sometimes give gifts out of obligation.

On the other hand, we look forward to buying gifts for certain people. In fact, we often can’t wait to give our gifts to them because we want to see the joy they have in receiving them. Jesus said that “it is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35 NLT). And it truly is.

The wise men from the East brought gifts to Jesus—gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Now, what kind of gifts were these for a child? Myrrh is an embalming element. Why give an embalming element to a baby? The wise men, however, had an insight into who Jesus was.

They gave Jesus gold because they recognized it was a proper gift for a king. They gave him frankincense, which is what the high priest used when he went into the temple to represent the people. And they gave Him myrrh because they recognized this king would die for the world. He is the King of kings and the Lord of lords. He is our High Priest. And of course, He is the One who died for all our sin.

What can we give to God in this holiday season? What do we give to God, who has everything? Here is what God wants from you: He wants your life. The greatest gift that you can give Him this Christmas is yourself.

And the greatest gift that you can give to God as you enter a new year of opportunities is to say, “Lord, I give You my life. I give You my talents. I give You my abilities, my weaknesses, my dreams, and my future. I offer myself to You.” That is what God wants from us.

Therefore, let’s be like the wise men and worship Jesus and give to Him. We will be glad that we did, because we can never outgive God.

Make time for Jesus. Make room for Christ. As the classic Christmas carol “Joy to the World” says, “Let every heart prepare Him room.” The same Jesus who was born in Bethlehem, died on the cross, and rose from the dead is alive right now. He is standing at the door of your heart and knocking. He says, “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends” (Revelation 3:20 NLT).

Jesus is knocking at the door of your life. Are you going to open it, let Him in, and make room for Him?
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely wonderful....I got to read this just before going to my weekly Bible Study!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Amen, my heart is occupied by my Lord and Savior.

Boolit Master

& Amen - Another beautiful message - Thanks you Sir for your daily labors here - I truly appreciate it - God Bless
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    Thank you for that, very inspiring. You cant out give God. I like that phrase.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

USMC 77, USRA 79

Wow… thanks Guys… wish I had wrote it… it touched me as well…

If anybody is looking for a good movie, watch Jesus Revolution.. an excellent movie about the troubling late 1960’s and early 70’s… anybody remember them days???
    Last edited by Markopolo; 12-19-2023 at 10:20 AM.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Back then, I called myself an agnostic humanist. Little did I know, God was waiting for me to catch up with Him.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free