Thread: A Tumbleweed Christmas needs a Christmas gift 2023

Boolit Master

A Tumbleweed Christmas needs a Christmas gift 2023

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tumbleweed.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	321118

I got this Christmas card from my parents many years ago. I really like it and I saved it. This poor cowboy is working on trimming a tumbleweed to look like a Christmas tree, He even has the paint ready to paint it green.

I suspect there aren't going to be many gifts under his Christmas tree.

I suspect some of our newer members are going to have a Christmas like my cowboy's Christmas.

Some of our newer members need to start casting to afford ammo, but can't afford the basics to cast with. Or to load with! Or even find supplies!

So here is a little Merry Christmas help for a fairly new member:

To be eligible for this Christmas gift you must have joined CastBoolits between 12/26/22 and 12/17/2023. In past years I have granted waivers. You can request a waiver with a PM.

It is past Thanksgiving, and as usual I still haven't decided what to give as a gift.

To apply for this post a very short post of why you need help with gifts under your Christmas tree. Then send me a PM titled "Christmas gift" with a more detailed description of why you need assistance, what reloading experience and reloading tools you have, and what casting experience and casting tools you have. Include your name, mailing address, and telephone number in the PM, but not in the post. This Christmas help is not limited to only one member!

I will likely have members pledge to help me with this. More are welcome to join in. To join in, please PM me on how you would like to help and please do not post in this thread unless you are eligible for the Christmas gift and requesting the Christmas gift.

I have been called BrassyClause. Most years, BrassyClause has a lot of help. I usually have more than twenty Helpers! In previous years, I have been able to use Titan Reloading to help fill my gift bag. I am now retired, so my budget for new items is nonexistant this year. I have really enjoyed all of the assistance my Helpers have provided and I am really looking forward to their enthusiastic and generous assistance this year. Helpers can remain anonymous. Please PM me for details on how I manage this.

I usually have this thread posted on Thanksgiving Day. Not this year as I was too busy and forgot about it. Hopefully we can have some gifts on the way by New Years Day.

This year is also likely to be tougher than previous years. Everything is still boxed and stacked and I can't find anything. I am done on the road, but I have a lot to do the make this into the place I want it to be! I also have a large number of incomplete projects to finish and small animals to take care of.
    Tumbleweed Christmas has now become an endangered species. Last year we had zero applicants. We also had zero requests for waivers! If we have zero applicants this year then Tumbleweed Christmas will end. I really enjoy this, so please don't let it end.

BrassMagnet

Moderator Emeritus

PM sent vis my wee hope to help.
    geo

Boolit Mold
    Afternoon, I would love to get into reloading to increase my fun and affordability at the range whilst gaining a valuable skill that can last me for years to come! Sent you e private message. Thank you for this very generous offer. Merry Christmas to all fellow members

Brass magnet. What a great idea! I do not need anything myself and can get what I need. However if there is some way I can help in this cause let me know

Boolit Master
    I can kick in a few greenbacks, if that will help. Brass Magnet, send me a pm

Boolit Master
    Count me in a one of Brassy's helpers this year, just let me know what you need.

Boolit Master

We have a Winner! I have chosen FLGun as a Tumbleweed Christmas gift recipient.

If you want to be considered and you joined CastBoolits between 12/26/22 and 12/17/2023, then follow the rules in the first post to apply. There is room for more than one winner. Don't be shy!

If you didn't join CastBoolits between 12/26/22 and 12/17/2023 and you still want to be considered send me a PM with the title "Waiver request" and I will consider granting a waiver.

Boolit Master

FLGun could really use a Coach for Casting and Reloading. FLGun lives in Gotha, FL and can drive 2 hours each way for coaching.

Boolit Master

I’m 2.5 hours south of him. I pm’d FLGun but admit I’m a little apprehensive about welcoming strangers into my home.

Edit,
    I’m an RSO at a local indoor range. I suggested we can meet there, maybe shoot some of my wadcutters and get acquainted.
    Last edited by Bmi48219; 01-22-2024 at 02:12 PM.

Boolit Master

As stated post #9, I pm’d FLGun a dozen days ago and haven’t heard anything back.