Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Winchester 92/Rossi 92 parts interchange

Boolit Master

Winchester 92/Rossi 92 parts interchange

Does anyone know if parts from the new rossi model 92's will fit a winchester model 1892? I purchased an old Winchester model 92 25-20 and need parts for the bolt and magazine tube. Gun Parts Corp is out of stock on the parts required, as are other sites I've tried. The Winchester has already had the barrel replaced, I will also be replacing the buttstock and forearm and having it reblued, so I'm not worried about the authenticity of the parts in the rifle. Thanks for any info.

Boolit Master

You might ask Steve at http://www.stevesgunz.com/. He's pretty knowledgeable on 92's.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Buddy
    GL49
    some will parts will interchange some will not some you have to tweak a little bit but as fecech said steve is the best one to go to on this
    mule

Boolit Mold
    Check out this guy from australia. He does a project of using 1892 receivers with rossi parts. He talks about what works and doesn't. The videos are called "Rochester".
    https://www.youtube.com/@someguy8307/videos
    I know this is an old post, but if anyone comes along in need of info.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachedtech903 View Post
    Check out this guy from australia. He does a project of using 1892 receivers with rossi parts. He talks about what works and doesn't. The videos are called "Rochester".
    https://www.youtube.com/@someguy8307/videos
    I know this is an old post, but if anyone comes along in need of info.
    Only watched a couple video's but I did subscribe. It's refreshing to see decent quality videos like these appear to be. Thanks for posting.

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GL49 View Post
    Does anyone know if parts from the new rossi model 92's will fit a winchester model 1892? I purchased an old Winchester model 92 25-20 and need parts for the bolt and magazine tube. Gun Parts Corp is out of stock on the parts required, as are other sites I've tried. The Winchester has already had the barrel replaced, I will also be replacing the buttstock and forearm and having it reblued, so I'm not worried about the authenticity of the parts in the rifle. Thanks for any info.
    I know for sure a Winchester firing pin will function in an early Rossi bolt - that gun is still going strong today

Twenty years ago I rebarreled a 92 action using a Rossi .44 magnum barrel. I also used Rossi action parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the man said, this is a pretty old thread. Chiappa also makes a '92, and it's a pretty close copy. Might be a source for parts.

DG

Interesting, thanks for sharing the new info.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator