WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just throwing this out there

Just throwing this out there

Do you believe in Ghost?
    I do not mean the Holy Ghost, I sure hope you beiieve in him.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    I have never seen one, but that doesn’t mean anything. The Bible speaks of demons and spirits, I believe in the Bible . Absolutely believe in the Holy Ghost!!
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

I have seen one, once. My wife had her hair touched through a solid wall with bookshelves built onto it and fully stacked with books.

My sighting was in our house, around 2 am, I got up to go to the bathroom. Looked at the 2 living room windows which face out onto the street.
    There was a black see through silhouette framed in the window. By the time I did what I needed and looked again it was gone.

We have often heard what sounds like size 12 shoes hitting the floor above us. No heat or cooling up there, limited electricity so we mostly use that space for storage. Not all that easy to walk around up there.

The worst period was right after we bought the house and were tearing things apart, new plumbing and wiring etc.
    He did not much care for that. After things settled down so did he.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

I've had a few encounters with 'regular' ghosts.

I've asked people who claimed to be rather devote Christians when the subject of ghosts came up,
    and they said they didn't believe in ghosts.

I'd ask if they didn't believe in ghosts, how do they rationalize the Biblical 'Father, Son, and Holy Ghost thing"?
    Then it always got real quiet.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

I don’t believe in ghosts.

they are not ghosts they are demons and minions and even angles of the devil even god him self says they walk the earth and that when we die we go to heven or hell in a blink of a eye and cant travle back and forth

Boolit Buddy
    Yes I believe in ghosts/spirits. 1 Samuel Ch 28 records the story of King Saul using the witch of Endor to call up Samuel's ghost (spirit).

Moderator Emeritus

Saw my ex Mother in Law after she died in the upstairs window of their house. Goose bumps just thinking about it. My ex, her mother, was killed in the house and there were discussions between my ex and her sister if the mother would be moving out with the one sister who still lived there. They had seen her also on multiple occasions.

I am a Christian as well, but I have seen things and felt things. That is why I put this question out there, am I the only Christian this has happened to?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by brstevns View Post
    I am a Christian as well, but I have seen things and felt things. That is why I put this question out there, am I the only Christian this has happened to?
    I am also.

Boolit Master
    I am a Christian and I believe and I have seen; when they come around, I welcome them and ask them to stay ??

Boolit Master
    I was 26 when I saw the Light;

As an arrogant child I was fearless, went on "hauntings" exploring, trespassing, going places we really shouldn't've. One dare was to bring back a souvenir from the morgue of the abandoned Danvers State Hospital. It's just a place, creepy yes, but just a place. Some of my cohort believed in God and ghosts, I challenged them to show me they said I won't see ghosts because I didn't believe in them. We saw no ghosts. Maybe you won't see one because you are looking for the wrong one.

It may be The Holy Spirit finds you because you invited Him. So be careful who you invite to your house. Thank You Lord.

Now that I have the Book I have seen the Holy Spirit's Works, then and now I have met some evil people, people who delight in harm and mayhem. Now I know the difference between them and me, as a wild child there wasn't much.
    There may well be ghosts of people.
    I believe we are first a soul, with a body for now, animated by a spirit.
    I have seen the world wound/ kill a person's spirit, leaving what? A lost soul.
    Jesus gave us specific instructions to go find and redeem them.
    "...prayer and fasting." He said.

Do you believe in Ghost?
    By observation humanity sees a little of of how our creator has set things up, that sometimes the deceased do not immediately and permanently become imperceivable. Can that also involve the abilities of the living to see what's happening? Perhaps so.
    Sometimes some remnant of the deceased lingers in a location.
    Sometimes the deceased reach out to loved ones.
    And sometimes they come to assist a loved one when it is in turn their time to die.

The episode at Endor tells us to not go looking for communicating with the dead.
    That doesn't mean a "ghost" is an evil spirit.

As a boy in my teens I once saw what appeared to be the lower half of a man walked down the hall by my bedroom. My lttle dog saw it as well as he snawled at it and then whined and jumped into my bed with me. I always felt uneasy in that house. There were always strange noises as if something had fallen over or broke, but go to check it out you would fine nothing out of place. I was so happy when we moved from that place. I should have mentioned my Mother also saw the half of man.

Boolit Buddy
    Ghosts exist, there is just too much energy (IMHO) in the human spirit to just "go away". And why isn't it odd then that every religion even those dating from pre-Christian/pre-Islamic eras have ghosts/spirits in them? My current house has ghosts, not the haunted-scary kind, but the wife and I routinely hear steps, movement and music playing late at night. We figure if they're partying, then that's fine. Although would kinda like to be invited.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

I do not believe in ghosts. If I am ever presented with evidence, I will adjust my view accordingly.

While I'm not sure what I believe anymore, I know that most here are devout believers and most here place great value on the scriptures.
    So I point you to Ecclesiastes 9:5-6.

'For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun."
    (Emphasis mine)

Of course there is that scripture where King Saul summoned a ghost with the help of a witch. Do with that contradiction what you will.
    Life is a series of bullseyes and backstraps - Ted Nugent

Boolit Master
    my house has ghosts in it. they chased off some renters 50 years ago, that I was told by family members of the woman I bought the house from. first time I saw them in the middle of night I reached for the 357 mag then when I was awake and realized that no firearm would have any effect. saw them once since. I only see them when a relative of the family that used to live in this house dies.
    yeah I know what people might say but you won't know what does or does not exist until you experience it for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Paul View Post
    I do not believe in ghosts. If I am ever presented with evidence, I will adjust my view accordingly.

While I'm not sure what I believe anymore, I know that most here are devout believers and most here place great value on the scriptures.
    So I point you to Ecclesiastes 9:5-6.

'For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun."
    (Emphasis mine)

Of course there is that scripture where King Saul summoned a ghost with the help of a witch. Do with that contradiction what you will.
    I always believed that Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 was speaking of the body its self, not of the soul of a person.

The longer I live, the more I am open to believing almost anything. After all, I always thought who was a boy and who was a girl was settled science.

Moderator Emeritus

Do you believe in Ghost?
    I do not think -- in my case -- "believe in Ghost" is appropriate. Both my wife and I have seen unexplainable shadows -- primarily going up - the staircase -- in our built-in-1934 old house. On one occasion I would still swear on a stack of bibles someone touched my left hand. And, we've experienced "creepy feelings" which abated after we actually voiced to "whatever" to kindly leave us alone.
    Maybe I'm overdue for the looney-bin ???? -- but... you asked.
    geo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast