Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Inkbird ITC-106 PID Question

Boolit Mold

Inkbird ITC-106 PID Question

Have any of you built a PID using an Inkbird ITC-106? I just built one off using an article off of the web. However, when I went to test it tonight, it is throwing a code saying that it is using the wrong thermocouple. I am using a K type and it is programmed saying it is a K type. Could the polarity possibly be backward on the thermocouple plug?

I am not an electronics guy in any way shape or form. Programming it was truthfully not easy for me. If anyone has built one using this, please let me know where I might need to start troubleshooting.

ADMIN

If the thermocouple is wired up backwards it will operate the opposite of what it should.
    So adding heat to the thermocouple will cause the temp reading to go down not up.

Verify that you have it wired up correctly.
    If it still give you the error code then return it and purchase a quality made PID. D

Cheap is ok sometimes but sometimes it isn’t.
    This is one of those times.

Charles
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Buddy
    Check the Inkbird website, they have files that may be of use to you.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Moderator Emeritus

First, double check everything, because I hear you say you have it programmed for a "K" type thermocouple, but then you say programming was difficult. double check programming, double check the invoice to see that you ordered the correct thermocouple, and that you got the thermocouple you ordered.

OK, I suspect it's a cheap chinese K type thermocouple and I think you just got a bad one.
    They are cheap, I'd suggest ordering a couple of them, so you have spares. But in the mean time, you can test the one you have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the help! I ordered another thermocouple last night on the chance that the first one might be bad. I will update when I get it in.

Cheap thermocouples are the debil! I had a number of issues with the bargain Chinese TCs. I ended up buying the more expensive ones from Auber and they've been lasting for many years now.