Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: er shaw rifles

Boolit Master

er shaw rifles

does anyone have any experience with ER shaw rifles? I have been looking at a bolt action 7x57 listed as an ER Shaw rifle. A good looking rifle but I know nothing about that brand. I always thought Shaw made only barrels.
    thanks
    atr
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Boolit Master
    I can't offer anything on their rifles, but I have a Rem 700 with one of their barrels in 7-08 and it's the most accurate rifle I have ever owned.

Boolit Master

ER Shaw has been building rifles for several years now. They started out using Savage 110 actions, and are now producing their own. I would be happy to buy one if it came across my path.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Buddy
    Can't speak to their rifles but I have used many of their barrels and they are first rate. If the rifles are of the same quality as the barrels, I would not hesitate in purchasing one.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Master

I too have had several rifles rebarreled by them and have been happy with the results.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Their action is similar to older Savage 110 except that no barrel nut is used.
    If I recall correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have been in business for quite awhile and I also have a 25 06 they rebarreled that is a tack driver.

Boolit Buddy

The new production Colt 1877 Gatling guns all have ER Shaw barrels in them. One Texas rental rifle/ Machine gun range has put over 900,000 rounds of 45-70 through a rental gun. $1500 for a 500 round run is about what you can expect to pay. So figure ( 5 ) 45-70 barrels have had 180,000 rounds put through it. Those are probably lead boolits not jacketed. ER Shaw is 12 weeks out right now. I tried to buy a barrel and I live less than an hour from Bridgeville, Pennsylvania. Its easier to order barrels from Green Mountain in Conway, NH
    Last edited by Rockindaddy; 12-21-2023 at 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    ER Shaw screwed a heavy .257 Roberts barrel on my Howa 1500 and it is way more accurate than I can hold. My lone gripe is they used a standard throat for this cartridge, which requires deep seating with the long low drag slugs. Not a big deal but kind of annoying.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

A friend has 2 rifles built by Shaw and he is very happy with them , he is a accuracy / long range buff