Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Powder prices and avalablity in your area?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Hit a what many in my area consider to be the best gun shop around yesterday. I hate the place. A bunch of uneducated morons. They make up so much BS and tell customers lies it pains me to step a foot in the door. Anyway they had Large pistol mag match primers for 18.99 per hundred. Small rifle 14.99 per hundred and price carries over to 1k packs same with small pistol. No large rifle or reg large pistol. Tried to tell me some kinda BS that large pistol is sold out because the war and all the pistols being used are 45 acp's. Asked about a few powders and was told they are discontinued. What they did have in stock was starting at 68.99 and upwards to 78.99 per pound.

It was painful. Every word was painful between the prices and the lies. Guys did you know the reason you can not find Bullseye or Unique and Trail Boss is because the government shut them down. My head still hurts.

Oh and a box .500 projectiles 50 count is 59.99. A box of 50 CCI 22mag is 42.97 in this place. Its no wonder I stop in once ever other year.

So small rifle small pistol both mag and standard and large pistol mag match is what I can find local so far. Going to stick to the web for now. Huh sorry guys but somehow this turned into a rant. Back on track....
    I've heard of places like that. So sorry you have to suffer through it. Only one LGS here and it is staffed by clueless college kids. Luckily, when they start to say something stupid, I can just cut them off with a quick word of wisdom and they get the hint that they are speaking with someone more educated than them.

Ignorant older blowhards are the worst. They have stumbled through life without gaining the wisdom that sometimes others know more than them and it is a good idea to simply shut up and listen every now and then.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Bought some powder at Natchez a few days ago. Had one day free hazmat and no sales tax so the price was about what you would expect at a fair lgs in this new normal times. Now if only I could find some H4198.

Boolit Master
    Most of the powders that you all are looking for are available on line at: https://shop.hodgdon.com/shop-all/?_...okeless+Powder
    If it is out of stock, normally if you wait, they do a run and it is available again.
    One does get stuck with hazmat and shipping when doing it on line. My last order was during a special discount sale and so that paid the hazmat and shipping. And I do see 4350 as being stock.

I realize the OP was for locally, but locally there is not an awful lot for me in stock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 05-54-33 Hodgdon Powder Co.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	321334

Boolit Buddy
    I was at the Sportsman Warehouse in Lansing Michigan today. Power Pistol was $50 a pound. $175 for a four pound jug. I don’t think it will ever be cheaper. Another local gun store in St John the counter guy says that he is selling bricks of primers for $100-110. People complain but still buy. The new normal.

Boolit Master
    Was in a Running's yesterday along my travels and spoke with the department manager for sporting goods. He claimed they have had powders and primers on order from home office for months and nothing other than small rifle and pistol have come in. Then he did correct himself saying we did get in two pounds of TiteGroup two weeks ago. He took my number and claimed he would call me if anything came in. Prices where not to bad from what he was saying. 29.99 for the TiteGroup so naturally they do not have anymore. :}
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Just purchased a 6.5-300 Wby, a 300 Wby, and a 340 Wby. Others suggested I start with IMR 7828 SSC. Called six shops around me and none in stock. Got a tip a place in Kentucky had a 8 pound jug, called them and they agreed to hold it. Mad the 75 mile drive to the shop and bought it for $379. Not going to worry to much about the price. Rather buy it today and have it on the shelf to use tomorrow.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Cabela’s has various powder in stock from $29 up to $53 per pound depending on what you’re buying just check their website. They also had 15% off every Monday through December. I took advantage of it and bought 3 pounds. Still was higher than normal price before pandemic but at least got it closer with the 15% off. Think it was some type of ram shot powder or something for 29 bucks I was shocked.of course I bought h4895 and benchmark that were the most expensive and were around $52 per pound before the 15% off. After the $8 per jug discount it was a little less painful…and I had enough Cabelas points built up that two pounds only cost me a nickel out of pocket. I had to pay for the third one. Lol

I think it was ram shot in enforcer that was $29.99 looks like it went up two dollars. Also tight group is $31.99 and there’s a lot powders in stock at my local Cabelas in the mid to high $30 range.

Primers for get it. Still $10 to $15 per hundred. Keep buying them at that price and they will say there.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 01-04-2024 at 09:10 PM.

Boolit Master
    I need a Cabelas in my area.

Mine is about an hour drive one way. Not to bad. It’s also a distribution center. Their warehouse is giant.

Cabelas is now owned by Bass Pro. I've noticed a dramatic decrease in stocked items and a dramatic increase in prices at the Kansas City, Kansas location and have determined it's no longer worth my time and gas to drive over there.

It's the Bass Pro business model now. Not interested.

They also price match local retailers. Bass Pros policy ….Cabelas never did it. I had some 30 grain hornady 22WMR vmax ammo pulled up on my phone at fleet farm for $12.99 last year while I was there. Theirs was $18.99…the price matched it. They have price matched my crossbow and a bunch bullets since that time. They won’t price match firearms though. I'll buy from them all day long when they do that. They told me of there is a retail store within 250 miles with a better price they will price match it. It might have been sportsman's guide that had the great price. They have a retail store in the cities.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 01-04-2024 at 09:58 PM.

I have seen powder going for over 68-74 dollars at local gun shops here. Worst off I can not find powder I am looking for. I found Unique for the first time in four years they want 74 dollars a pound. I found bullseye for 68 dollars a pound and feel this is kinda HIGH. Primers are 159.99 per 1000 at the local gun shop. I called around and some shops even want 25.99 per 100. Runnings has them for 9.99 a hundred as they split up the cases when they come in. They dont last long and rarely have much.

Is this the case everyplace or just here in NY? We are not blessed with places like Bass Pro or Cabela's. Walmart has not been able to sell ammo since 9/13/23 some kinda glitch in the computer system with the new back round checks in NY.

I fear things are only going to get worse.
    Well, you live in a communist state. If it were me, I would be figuring out how to leave there. Everything costs double what it does in a free state. If it is even available.

Boolit Buddy
    At least here in the Northeast, Cabela's has a sale on Winchester SRP, $63/1k.

I see it on their website, so I think it is nationwide.

USMC 77, USRA 79

I had to go to town yesterday… and with my new project 35 Rem I wanted to make sure I was not cutting into my 7-8 pound stash of Varget. There was some at the local shop in Craig and I paid right at 60 bucks… forget the primer thing here… ain’t happening. Lucky to find any powder whatsoever here in rural Alaska.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Buddy
    No hazmat fee at Natchez today.

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    I had to go to town yesterday… and with my new project 35 Rem I wanted to make sure I was not cutting into my 7-8 pound stash of Varget. There was some at the local shop in Craig and I paid right at 60 bucks… forget the primer thing here… ain’t happening. Lucky to find any powder whatsoever here in rural Alaska.
    40 grains!!!…and light those HP’s up!

Boolit Grand Master
    I am seeing a number of ads for free hazmat or free shipping, and I view that as a good sign.

If I did not have a decent supply of components, I would be buying stuff now. If Biden "wins", things will get worse. I have scaled back and have enough stuff to shoot for over 10 years but fear what is coming. I have enough stuff to wait a bit longer, but I am getting close to stocking up.

The long-term outlook for shooting sports is not positive. History has shown what will happen. Being prepared is essential if we want to continue our hobby, and face the turmoil ahead.

Currently, my "trigger points" are $50/k for primers ($75/k today) and $35/lb for powder ($42/lb today). I will purchase a lifetime supply when that happens. Being 73 makes the numbers doable. Selling "useless toys" has provided the funds. If Biden "wins", I will pay more and buy a bit less as the risks of what could happen are too great.
    Don Verna

Yep….I love shooting but I’m not in a hurry to go out and just plink hundreds of thousands of rounds just for the fun of it with the stupidity going on in today’s market.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall View Post
    Well, you live in a communist state. If it were me, I would be figuring out how to leave there. Everything costs double what it does in a free state. If it is even available.
    Let’s see what November brings before I toss in the towel.

Boolit Master

Let’s see what November brings before I toss in the towel.
    I wish I had any optimism left for elections in Washington. The West side runs the state and despite the riots, homeless issues, rampant crime, ridiculous prices for goods, and everything else that happens when you put leftists in charge, the morons keep voting for them. And every legislative session brings even more restrictive and idiotic laws. Private sale of firearms all but illegal, no normal capacity magazines, no ARs, no 10/22s, and basically no semi-auto rifles allowed to be bought or sold. I'm expecting them to next outlaw CCW and the sale of reloading supplies.

And now they are going after the middle class folks by outlawing gas powered lawn care equipment. No more gas motors allowed under 25hp. Their latest targets are tires and outlawing ones that aren't "low rolling resistance". Basically, they are going to force everyone in the state to buy tires designed for EVs and hybrids, meaning low traction. They are truly the most idiotic, hateful, and ignorant group of people I have ever seen.

So, yeah, I have lost all optimism for Washington, unless the state splits in half.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast