RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Powder prices and avalablity in your area?

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20231215_145353.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	321016

Name:	20231215_145701.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	321017

Name:	20231215_145706.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	321018

Name:	20231215_145732.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	321019

Name:	20231215_145413.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	321020

Name:	20231215_145417.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	321021
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    OH now your just showing off. I have not been in a gun shop or store with that much supply in over a decade. Here in NYS everything is locked up and you have to ask do you have this? do you have that? it gets old really fast. Shop workers get sick of checking and just start answering with NO NO NO. That is a very nice store you have there Idaho45guy.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Rondacker, in my part of the state( Central NYS) gun shops are far and few between and gun shops with reloading supplies, especially powder/primers, are non existent. Best thing is to watch for free hazmat ( Powder Valley just had one) and get what they have you can use. I don’t have to tell you, but here in NYS, between the morons in Albany and now the world chaos finding things to feed your guns is like hunting that Boone & Crocket whitetail. And it’s probably going to get worse if that’s possible.
    How about a section where members here by state could give a heads up on local ammo/ components honey holes ?

I was in a Scheels in the KC area recently. The only primers on the shelf were CCI BR4. They probably had 20K.

At 199.99/K they still had them all when I walked out.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    I was in a Scheels in the KC area recently. The only primers on the shelf were CCI BR4. They probably had 20K.

That is nuts. Can get them on Gunbroker cheaper than that.

Anyway, I am seeing a lot of name brand primers well under $100/k on line. Most ads have either free shipping or free HazMat.

I am hoping prices continue to trend down and holding off building up my inventory. It seems the war in Ukraine is at a stalemate, and most countries are scaling back sending stuff to Z man. Would not be surprised to see "peace" break out there in the next year. The Israelis should have Hamas mopped up in under 6 months. Plus there are two new primer facilities starting up in the next year or so. If the election is not fixed, Trump will be elected in 2024.
    Don Verna

Sorry, early and not enough coffee yet. 119.99/K. Still too steep for me.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Rondacker, in my part of the state( Central NYS) gun shops are far and few between and gun shops with reloading supplies, especially powder/primers, are non existent. Best thing is to watch for free hazmat ( Powder Valley just had one) and get what they have you can use. I don’t have to tell you, but here in NYS, between the morons in Albany and now the world chaos finding things to feed your guns is like hunting that Boone & Crocket whitetail. And it’s probably going to get worse if that’s possible.
    How about a section where members here by state could give a heads up on local ammo/ components honey holes ?
    This area is about the same. I think a state wide info area would be great. I think I am a member of a site that has something like that but for shooters to meet other shooters in the same area. Ah just looked its Gatewaytoairguns at the bottom of the page they have a section for the different states. Yes it has come to me looking into more higher powered air rifles with the primer/powder issues coming up. Only issue is I need my airgun to shoot like a 22LR and the ones that do I can not afford.

Boolit Master
    Sorry, early and not enough coffee yet. 119.99/K. Still too steep for me.
    lol I was just replying to Shawlerbrook's post and was going to say man that price of 199.99 was high but you corrected it. LOL

Moderator Emeritus

Midsouth Shooters Supply sent an email this morning for free shipping (not Hazmat) on a case of Aquila primers for $0.07 each (5,000 case) and $0.08 each (1,000 case).

Between shortages, price inflation and the trajectory of laws governing/restricting shooting supplies, the best advice I can give is try to lay in a lifetime supply. Sad but the truth.

Boolit Master
    A fellow down the road called to tell me yesterday, he found some IMR4895 for 58.99 a pound. Its only two hours away. They are holding it for him. He asked if I had ever been to the shop he found it at and naturally I told him yes. So I guess I am taking a ride on Wednesday to inspect what other powders they have and help out the neighbor. Who knows lightening might strike and I will get something I have been looking for.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    That is nuts. Can get them on Gunbroker cheaper than that.

Anyway, I am seeing a lot of name brand primers well under $100/k on line. Most ads have either free shipping or free HazMat.

I am hoping prices continue to trend down and holding off building up my inventory. It seems the war in Ukraine is at a stalemate, and most countries are scaling back sending stuff to Z man. Would not be surprised to see "peace" break out there in the next year. The Israelis should have Hamas mopped up in under 6 months. Plus there are two new primer facilities starting up in the next year or so. If the election is not fixed, Trump will be elected in 2024.
    The fix is in…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Have been watching the estate sales. Recently bought an 8 lb jug of 4350 and an 8lb jug of 4895 for $200 each. Got 40 lbs of the old surplus SR4759 for $7 a pound. Primers seem to be the first item that sells in an estate sale. The heirs in an estate grab the guns and most of the ammo but leave the reloading gear and components. When the Russians pull out of the Ukraine and Israel destroys all of Gaza maybe world ammo demand will drop off; powder and primers will come down in price.

Boolit Buddy

My LGS here in western PA, average $30-70 per pound of powder. LR or LP Primers good luck! SR, SP, and mag, are generally available. $90-110 per k tho. GS about hour and a half away says they haven't seen LP/LR in a about three years.

Boolit Mold
    Colorado.
    Most powders 39-45/lb. Some are 55. Choices are quite limited.
    Primers are hit and miss as to what kind and size, but run 89-95/1000 when they are available.

Definitely not what it used to be. Vendors selling reloading supplies at the gun shows are either no longer there, or are asking NY-type prices, and no one is buying.

Boolit Grand Master

The stores here have a nice stock of powder. Its $50-$55 a pound or so. Not a big stock of primers, but priced $100/1000 or so. Bullets started coming back about 1-1/2 years ago, mostly Hornady. They are well stocked with ammo too. Lots of lesser known brands. Prices were coming down but not to pre-pandemic prices.

Boolit Master
    My cousin and I went to Blue Collar Reloading in Salisbury, NC this morning. A good selection of ammo, powder and a large selection of bullets. They had small pistol, small rifle and shotgun primers.

For example, can of Unique was $40, can of 4831sc was about $50. Primers were running about $80-$90 a thousand.

My cousin had a carton of WLR primers but doesn't load any large rifle so I bought a carton of Federal SP and we swapped. Some primers are showing up in this area but haven't seen any large rifle primers. Things have just started to moderate a little but with the news on price increases things might get crazy again. If it ain't one thing it's another.

In the second amendment state of Missouri, I am able to obtain small pistol or rifle primers magnum or standard for .07 each. I was at a local gun show the first week of December and was able to get Hodgdon Powders for a good price. I picked up some one pound bottles of CFE Pistol for less than 30 bucks. There was a variety of powders all well under 40 bucks. H4895, Varget, TiteGroup, Benchmark, Bullseye all just to name a few.

Banned
    I have one store that SOLD reloading supplies in a 120 mile radius. They have had 1 can of H4831, the only powder they have had in the last 2 years. Its been on the shelf with a 69.00 price tag.

They had small rifle primers 1 time in the last 3 years. They charged 18.99 per 100. And you had to purchase by the 100 packs.

The rest of the reloading supplies is a few random boxes of sierra and hornady bullets, some hornady round ball options. And a few 20 pound bags of lead shot. And a set of 270 winchester rcbs dies.

I choked on my tongue this week to pay 46.00 a pound online for Unique. But as others have said, its been an imaginary product for years. Kind of like Promo..

Boolit Master
    Hit a what many in my area consider to be the best gun shop around yesterday. I hate the place. A bunch of uneducated morons. They make up so much BS and tell customers lies it pains me to step a foot in the door. Anyway they had Large pistol mag match primers for 18.99 per hundred. Small rifle 14.99 per hundred and price carries over to 1k packs same with small pistol. No large rifle or reg large pistol. Tried to tell me some kinda BS that large pistol is sold out because the war and all the pistols being used are 45 acp's. Asked about a few powders and was told they are discontinued. What they did have in stock was starting at 68.99 and upwards to 78.99 per pound.

It was painful. Every word was painful between the prices and the lies. Guys did you know the reason you can not find Bullseye or Unique and Trail Boss is because the government shut them down. My head still hurts.

Oh and a box .500 projectiles 50 count is 59.99. A box of 50 CCI 22mag is 42.97 in this place. Its no wonder I stop in once ever other year.

So small rifle small pistol both mag and standard and large pistol mag match is what I can find local so far. Going to stick to the web for now. Huh sorry guys but somehow this turned into a rant. Back on track....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast