Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Powder prices and avalablity in your area?

IMR 4198 $50.00 lb. Bought 2 and will get one more to be sure. It’s a new powder for me and supposed to be a good powder for the 40-50 SBN I will find out. I have more powder and primers than I will ever use.

Got some SPP at gunmasters, Plano. Plenty of powder on the shelf, no LRP though - I didn't check $.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    I have seen powder going for over 68-74 dollars at local gun shops here. Worst off I can not find powder I am looking for. I found Unique for the first time in four years they want 74 dollars a pound. I found bullseye for 68 dollars a pound and feel this is kinda HIGH. Primers are 159.99 per 1000 at the local gun shop. I called around and some shops even want 25.99 per 100. Runnings has them for 9.99 a hundred as they split up the cases when they come in. They dont last long and rarely have much.

Is this the case everyplace or just here in NY? We are not blessed with places like Bass Pro or Cabela's. Walmart has not been able to sell ammo since 9/13/23 some kinda glitch in the computer system with the new back round checks in NY.

I fear things are only going to get worse.
    I believe things are going to get worse IMHO. But if I want to play I will need to pay ??? Primers and powder are the choke point... ????

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    IMR 4198 $50.00 lb. Bought 2 and will get one more to be sure. It’s a new powder for me and supposed to be a good powder for the 40-50 SBN I will find out. I have more powder and primers than I will ever use.
    To have such a problem ??? I wish .....

Boolit Master

I bought SPP for $79.99/1000 at Academy Sports. Powder was around $40.00 a pound.

Boolit Master
    Well guys I broke down and grabbed 1000 Large Rifle primers for 160 bucks plus tax. CCI. I split the case with a buddy since we both have been looking for a while and well it hurt less that way. Tried to order from Natchez today and the site had so much traffic it kept crashing before I could fill a cart.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

The biggest place nearby is rather high on powder and primers Last couple purchases have been online when they had hazmat fees waved . I got a price that way of almost half what it is locally . They are high on bullets as well $53 for a box I can buy online for under $40 two boxes and it pays the shipping plus ! ( .308 Hornady 180 gr. SST bullets. They do have a lot of powder on the shelf often not what I use /or need.

There is a old gun shop I stop buy now and then he is selling his old personal reloading stuff off at decent prices . Powders are still sealed about $10 a pound , I bought 4 pounds of HS7 when i was last in .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

I bought 4 pounds yesterday. 1 of 2400, 1 of 4227, 1 of 4985, and 1 of Accurate #7. All sealed but the 2400, and it was full. Bought them at my favorite second hand store. I didn't need them, but like RO stated, things are gonna get worse. A lot worse.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Boolit Grand Master

Local is a relative term. The shops near me have the random pound of Hodgdon powder at $50 plus, but not much else. However, if you drive 64 miles to "the" reloading shop, they have pretty much anything you want. Mid November I bought 16 pounds of 2400 at $41.25 a pound. 8 pounds of Benchmark at $37.50 a pound and 5 pounds of RL7 at $54 a pound. Primers were between $60 and $85 per thousand depending on what you wanted with the high end being large rifle, I am fortunate to be well stocked with primers already.

Are those 2015 prices? No they aren’t! But I’m not going to stop shooting waiting for 2015 to come back.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Remembering all the comments over the last few years, angrily scolding everyone to "Stop buying ammunition and components!!!" because all the panic buying was allegedly to blame for prices remaining high and soon as we heeded the warning we'd see pre pandemic prices again.

Lol

Boolit Master
    Very true.

Guys at our local store are saying it’s going to get to the point where you won’t see anything for any price.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Guys at our local store are saying it’s going to get to the point where you won’t see anything for any price.
    I have heard the same thing. I was hoping it was car salesman tactics but fear it is not.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    I have heard the same thing. I was hoping it was car salesman tactics but fear it is not.
    It’s why there are an extra 16 pounds of 2400 in my basement.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Imashooter2 smart move.

Boolit Master

I just bought powder and bullets a few days ago from the local sporting goods store. I got a pound of Unique for $52, a pound of Power Pistol for the same, and a box of Nosler BT 180gr .30 cal for $30. Federal, Remington, and CCI primers all either $7.99 or $8.99 per 100.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

I just popped into my favorite reloading supply place in Phoenix (BRUNO'S) to check on the primer situation. I'm always after the CCI MilSpec #41 small rifle primers, and today they had them! $.08 cents each if you bought the case of 5000, which I did. Plain old regular CCI SRP were $.06 in the same quantity. But the ONLY large rifle primers they had were the Bosnian GINEX, which SHOULD have been rather affordable. (The GINEX small rifle were $.05 in 2500 case quantity.) But because large rifle primers are unobtanium right now,...the price was $.10 ea., whether you bought the 2500 pack or the little baggies of 300 the proprietor had bothered to sub-package for those who didn't want the whole 2500 pack. I bit the bullet and bought 5000 of those as well.

After tax and all, the bill was just under a grand. It hurt to lay that out;...but,...not as much as it's gonna hurt if I get caught with my pants around my ankles in ANOTHER shortage,...AGAIN. Plus, I am a river to my people. As the senior resident gun nut among my circle of brothers awaiting the coming darkness, I accept a certain sort of responsibility to be the mini arms depot for my clan. So am upholding my end of things here in my area of operations.
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

Boolit Master
    I picked up a pound of w296 and 2 pounds of w231 at the roadside flea market today for $25 total. Happy boy.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Master

Looked this morning at the only store in town with reloading supplies. Most powders were $50/lb, 4064 was $60. Had about 10-12 different powders, 4 or 5 1lbbottles of each, and 2 8 pounders. A few bullets but no primers in sight.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Buddy
    I was up in El Cajon a few days ago for a dental appointment, and later went over to Turner's Outdoorsman to load up on 22lr. There in the powder section was one lone bottle of H4350...$60 including sales tax. I bought it, thinking that that stuff was getting as expensive as Norma powder. When I got home I happened to check Midway's price for a bottle of H4350...$54. So, I didn't feel like I got ripped.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast