Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Powder prices and avalablity in your area?

Boolit Master

Powder prices and avalablity in your area?

I have seen powder going for over 68-74 dollars at local gun shops here. Worst off I can not find powder I am looking for. I found Unique for the first time in four years they want 74 dollars a pound. I found bullseye for 68 dollars a pound and feel this is kinda HIGH. Primers are 159.99 per 1000 at the local gun shop. I called around and some shops even want 25.99 per 100. Runnings has them for 9.99 a hundred as they split up the cases when they come in. They dont last long and rarely have much.

Is this the case everyplace or just here in NY? We are not blessed with places like Bass Pro or Cabela's. Walmart has not been able to sell ammo since 9/13/23 some kinda glitch in the computer system with the new back round checks in NY.

I fear things are only going to get worse.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    americanreloading.com has MP 163 currently that they say is Maxam CSB 1 for something like 90 for 4 pounds shipped to you. They will ship to NYS

And IMHO things are defiantly going to get worse!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Boolit Master

Powder prices and avalablity in your area?

In the Tulsa area powder is $40-50 a lb, and primers are around $100 per thousand, if available.

Powder Valley online has lots of powder and some primers available at good prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    American reloading also has good prices on primers, and their price includes shipping and hazmat.

at least I am adding to my post count, lol
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Your problem there makes mine seem like nothing at all. Pre-pandemic, I was paying about $28-$33 per pound for powder. As powder recently became available again in the last 18 months, I've been disappointed to be paying $35-$40. But suddenly this holiday season, I'm now seeing those same powders for $40-$50 per 1 lb. canister. The new Scheels that had their grand opening here was proudly displaying their powder for $50 in some cases, and that is supposedly their hot prices to celebrate their entering the Phoenix market and attempt to impress (which has failed miserably, at least with me).

I've recently been hunting the local digital classifieds for fellows in financial distress who are needing to dispose of everything just to make house payments. I don't like being a vulture,...but somebody's gonna buy that stuff, and it might as well be me. I've picked up more 4 lbs. and 8lbs. jugs and kegs in the last 6 months than I ever expected to, and am now sitting on a pretty valuable horde. Same with primers. That's one of the privileges of cashing out retirement funds is having cash on hand to take advantage of other people's misery and misfortune and get their surplus at a steep discount. For once in my life, I'm winning.
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

Boolit Master
    Accurate brand is $35-40 a lb, Alliant and Hodgdon are $55-70 a lb. Small primers, rifle or pistol $59.99 a thousand. Large rifle and domestic 209's are pretty much a no show

Boolit Master
    Screw bolts I used to use American Reloading all the time. Ever since they moved things are not going well with them. I have order primers from them this morning for a decent price. Small pistol. I am in need of large rifle and large pistol. Last time I got powder from them it showed up without a label. Thanks for the heads up.

M Peabody them some good prices for primers in your area. Heck your powder prices are pretty good too.

I have to dive deeper into the online world and stock up I guess.

Boolit Master

yes cost of primers and powder have gone up here too (eastern and western WA). I used to pay $15 / lb for powder and now it is close to $40, when its available, which isn't always. Unique I have not seen in 4 years. Primers likewise are more expensive,,,$110. per thousand, again when you can find them and large rifle primers have not been around for several years.
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Here powder averages 30-50 a lb depending on the powder (29.99 for TG, 52.99 for Varget). Primers are around 80-90 a brick. Hearing your prices makes me feel very blessed.

$180/kg for Wano black powder here!
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Grand Master

Most powder is running at $48.00@ pound with some exceptions like Varget which sells for $68.00@ pound. Primers are still $169.00 a thousand with NO LARGE RIFLE being available for the past 4 years.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ass Wallace View Post
    $180/kg for Wano black powder here!
    NONE of the gun shops within driving distance sell black powder none. Driving distance is around 2 hours in all directions.

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    Most powder is running at $48.00@ pound with some exceptions like Varget which sells for $68.00@ pound. Primers are still $169.00 a thousand with NO LARGE RIFLE being available for the past 4 years.
    So what your telling me is I should suck it up and buy the one box of CCI 200 Large Rifle Primers for 159.99 per 1k.

I love to read the posts advising folks to get an XYZ magnum, that requires a LR mag primer, now go and try to find the components just to load those magnums.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Moderator Emeritus

Natchez has free hazmat today over I think $99 and they had some primers in stock when I looked. Good luck.
    Ron

Boolit Buddy
    In my neck of the woods powder is running about 36.00 to 55.00. Primers are 65.00 to 89.00 per thou. Powder is looking good on the store shelves with a really nice selection. Picked up 2000 Federal large rifle primers and 2000 small pistol primers back when they had first come available after a long drought. 400.00 for 4000 primers really hurt, but you have to do what you have to do.
    I was an 01 FFL when the Clinton scare was in full effect, and was able to score 20,000 of each type of primer. LPP, SPP, LRP, & SRP. Still using some of them, but that don't stop me from stocking up when I can.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

It seems pretty consistent here with what others are reporting. Accurate & Ramshot are the lower priced powders here, and that suits me just fine. Alliant is pretty much unobtainable at all, and Hodgdon is mixed availability with erratic pricing. I looked at Powder Valley for Alliant, and they do have some Alliant, but at $50.00/lb I'll leave it for others. Primers are available, but expect a premium price for any type of large primer. We really only have one reloading source in a town of over 300,000. Bullets just went up again, we're seeing prices around $25-$30.00 for Hornady pistol bullets and the only alternatives are the plated stuff, or what I make. Practically nothing is available for casting supplies locally, and shotshell components are through the roof.

Brass for the big-bores is still non-existent, and I don't even think they are trying to produce any at all, which, after 3 whole years, is making me wonder about these companies. There is a point, after that much time, when the excuses one hears no longer hold water. I was finished with Hornady last year, finito. They introduce new, and then drop it. Then, if they do produce, they raise the price 2-fold. I'd rather buy Prvi Partizan, at least they are consistent, not to mention, better in many respects. Maybe they could pick up on some things larger than 9.3 or .375.
    Thankfully, I have enough powder, and I did not panic buy it, it's years old, but enough to last a while. It's the brass that seems to be a mystery. Plenty of brass available for the mouse rifles and the new whatever-hammers and blackouts they put the neon labels on that blind you, but brass for cartridges that have earned the title 10 times over, oh no....
    Last edited by Jungle Dave; 12-12-2023 at 06:34 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Price's around here,(NWOhio) have come down some, not much. Primers run around $85/1000 for rifle or pistol. Not sure what shotgun primers run, don't reload for that. Powder, anywhere from $40 to $50 per lb. Maybe, they might drop some more, depends on the hoarders! People quit buying stuff up and doubling the price, these company's might loosen up. Talked with one guy at a gun show couple years ago. Buying everything he could, put then on sale on a website for twice what he had paid. Company's aren't stupid. Some schmuck making twice what they do, their going to slowdown production and raise the price to make more money too!

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    At the Jacksonville Fl. gun show there were two guys selling reloading stuff. 1 had B. P. —$40/lb. subs included. Power was $50-70+! I saw some lg. rifle Mag. primers, & small pistol/rifle primers; no large regular primers or lg. pistol primers. 1 can of #11 caps—$22! While I thought about it it walked. Didn’t look pricing for brass/ammo, except for CCI Minimags (.22 lr.)$18-22/100! I only brought home knives .

Boolit Master
    Man i’d love a couple pounds of vihtavouri N160 from natchez while they have free hazmat. Cat afford 3#’s or the 8 pounder to meet the minimum of $99 for free shipping. Seems no stores near me stock vv powder.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast