WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New experiment why my handi rifle

Now after talking to a lot of people the main that could be giving me problems is the fact the barrels aren't stress relieved

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Master
    I just remembered, one of my sight base screws were long and it allowed the base to slop around a little.
    In the end it worked loose and would group all over the place.
    Fooled me for ages
    The base is now affixed with two pack epoxy and the right length screws.

The head ache and anxiety have subsided.
    But maybe a little greyer and balder for wear.

Best I could offer would be throw the barrel in the bbq and bake for a while.
    Maybe rotate and baste it with something once in a while.
    Last edited by barrabruce; 12-29-2023 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post
    I actually haven't measured any one it, really dont have too much of a clue to be fair . Got the alloy for another gun remembered someone recommending I chamber cast this one ,poured it then was kinda just staring there looking at like " umm....now what" that being said since this thing fire forms short instead of the brass growing I figured the chamber is sloppy or something so will probably just pull up the standard SAMMI print for .223 and compare measurements. That being said I think I need a micrometer for that to be semi accurate

As for the bore cam if if go to the 5min mark here you'll be able to see a quick view of the bore. Obvious tooling marks and something else, not sure if it's one kinda stress cracking or what
    https://youtu.be/xj6AJDUQieE?si=_zttzD1Sb6EfjYRE

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
    So at the 6 minute mark your looking at bore damage and asking if it is rust. That is what corrosion damage looks like. People store guns dirty and without any oil and that is what happens. I've seen a lot of that in many different barrels.

Based on that, you're going to get flyers. It is what it is.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    What I like about single shots is that most are light, compact, and simple as dirt. Perfect woods stalking rifle and you don't have to worry about whether a particular boolit will feed or not. Far as getting a single shot to keep up with a good bolt action accuracy wise, I know it can be done but minute of deer/coyote at any reasonable range is all I require of them. If Kentucky permits single shot cartridge guns during muzzleloader season that will be another reason to like them.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123