RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone having mail problems?

Boolit Master
    Happened twice recently.Property tax payment and Xfinity payment.I miss my old carrier who retired several years ago.

Boolit Buddy
    the mail here in my part of Pa is the worst I have ever seen. lost mail, late mail. traveling mail. once had a package from ohio to pa go to texas and fla. on the way here. took about a month. hard to believe.
    Barry

Boolit Master
    I waited out side today to make sure my package made it to my mailbox,not down the road . Last week the sub driver dropped a package at the wrong house instead of my mailbox.When I see out for delivery to my house I get my hopes up.

Boolit Master

Out for delivery means you might get it within a week.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Master
    Did you mean to say is anyone NOT having problems with the post office. You can count me in.

Over a year ago I ordered some Melanotan II to have fun with. The package came, but it was empty. Not long after I noticed the mailman had a rather dark tan that was absent before.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master
    Seems like about once a month the staff at our litle local PO turns over; about the only constant is the postmaster or supervisor. The PO I go to for counter business is not the one my mail comes from, which is even smaller than the one I use. I assume the staffing situation there is the same as the one I walk in to. We may go two or three days with no mail, which is unusual in the season of getting flooded with junk mail. As far as parcels go, these little post offices are getting overrun with Amazon and UPS parcels. Somehow most of the boxes I mail eventually get where they're going. I have used bank transfers or autopay for all bills for a couple of years now so don't have to worry about payments getting lost.
    Last edited by higgins; 12-14-2023 at 06:49 PM.

USPS gets paid too much to work for it, Amazon is using Uber drivers now.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master
    Having problems with a package I sent to AK. Been a week, but the person on the other end is getting upset its not there yet. Took two weeks to get a letter from Denver and I am only a couple hundred miles away. On the other hand, a package made it here from NY in only 4 days.
    Seems like all the first class mail is stuck in a corner somewhere, while all the advertising junk is being delivered

Boolit Master

There is another thread on this in fact quite a few and over the years . The problems are varied in the postal system a lot of it is the sorting centers equipment and troubled employees . My wife gets a email with a image of incoming mail from the post office last spring we had three property tax bills listed only two arrived . The images are taken at the major sorting center our mail carrier never got the third bill even though they were all together at one point . After two weeks we had another sent out the lost one never arrived.
    I had terrible issues with the mail carrier at my last house before I retired in 2006 I had most of my mail moved up here and had zero issues . The carrier at old house seemed high all the time he even run over a few mail boxes complaints fell of deaf ears , I was even told by area postal manager "Dan is a good friend and nothing will happen" I legally recorded that conversation post master general office in Washington D.C. refused to even listen to it!
    My post man here retired and I got a lady was like Dan had problems with pain killers they forced her to retire the same as ended up happening to Dan at last house but it took a couple years . P.S. at last house when I made a complaint I would not get mail for a while someone would go in and remove my address from the sorting computer that is why I moved mail to new house 120 miles away.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Buddy
    I’m one who Wolfdog91 mailed a money order to. Weird, but this morning I saw two envelopes in the road in front of my property. One was my 2024 social security notice. The other was a wet, ink stained envelope post marked exactly when he’d said the money order was sent. They were not there when I picked up my mail yesterday. The money order should have arrived days ago.

Boolit Buddy
    I have 2 revolver cylinders lost in the mail somewhere. My 44 mag SBH and a 45 COLT BH look a little underpowered without those big round pieces of steel in the middle! They were accepted at the PO on Nov. 30 and then NOTHING!! Getting a little concerned here. I have called the originating PO, the distribution center, and my local PO, nobody knows nuthin, and in all honesty nobody seems to care a whit! But they are asking the American taxpayer for more money without hesitation.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Mail lady is kind of homely but other than that , no.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

You know, since my garbage company started taking electronic payments this year, I have not written a check except to pay a contractor this past summer. My power, cable, garbage, phone, water are all electronic autopayments. I use cash or debit to pay for groceries, gas, medicines and all other purchases. I don't mail any checks any more. Nothing gets stolen, no wasted stamps and envelopes. I do sell some stuff and print out postage labels for the packages.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Always slow this time of year and will get worse. I recently ordered a Winchester Model 67 action screw from a guy in Aurora OR. It went way south to Austin TX then west to District Heights MD then south to Greensboro then Raleigh then to me in Aurora NC. Almost 2 weeks but I got it.

Fed ex isn't any better. VA sent overnight FedEx documents found 2 large envelopes on the porch 1 was mine the 2nd belongs to an attorney living about 25 houses down the road he REALLY NEEDED his nice thick packet and when he got the notice it was delivered he started driving the neighborhood looking for the porch that matched the picture the driver took......USPS keeps raising the rates & we get less service could be because our government is involved?
    Before you break into my house stand outside and get right with Jesus tell him you're on your way!!

Boolit Master
    GONRA does (seemingy) what handloader109 does - get reoccuring monthly bills
    atomatically deducted from yer checkin' account....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post
    Has anyone been having problems with paper mail getting where it needs to be lately ? Figured it's because it's its around Christmas but I've sent a few money orders out and apparently some of them haven't gotten where they need to be and it's kind frustrating. And I mean there only goin two or three states over and still nothing over a week.
    I work at a P&DC near me.... culling and letter handling is below par. They have people who repair letters by hand, from jams in the sorting machines, not a ton but quite a bit. Packaging has issues too, but not as much as lettering. The sorting machines are at least 30+ years old. I don't witness constant jams but they happen through out the night. Packages fall off the conveyor and land underneath. The mechanics gather them up, and do a good job, same for the letter culling machine. Some packages sit for months that are damaged to the point of not knowing where they are being sent to. The better they are packaged the better chance they will get to you when they're supposed to, letters are at the mercy of the workers and machinery.

Packaging has issues with Mail handlers, the mail handler assistant, or the MHA's. Lazy most of them, and that slows things down too. The loading dock is another problem too.
    Last edited by castmiester; 12-14-2023 at 09:32 PM.

Boolit Master

I have a pretty good mail lady the other day my wife said an area 4 or 5 miles west had a woman whining about packages not delivered on facebook, I told her I am sure that is our mail ladies route. The packages were delivered as addressed to the home across the street because that is how she ordered them to keep others in the home from seeing them? Then complained they were delivered as addressed! It is hard to please some people at all !

Now I wonder how Sarco is sending my order I got no tracking numbers....
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    Well here I go earlier on in the posts talking about how good my mailman is and lives a few house down. Well I about peeled his backside last night after I got home to find a box of 2 part epoxy on my deck leaking. First thought was get this stuff off my deck. Next was Amazon is getting an earful followed by a ride to the mailman's house a few hours later. It would seam he had yesterday off and it was not him who left the leaking box on my deck. So I can not blame him but I can blame the USPS. To make this even worse or weirder how ever you want to look at. Later on last night after I opened the box more as it was sitting in the garbage can keeping the lid from closing. I found both containers to be NOT leaking. So what was the box soaked in and put on my porch stinking like diesel/ turpentine?

Oh and my package is just out for delivery today if I check the tracking. LOL
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast