Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Saeco Lubrisizer help

Boolit Buddy

Saeco Lubrisizer help

Trying to seat gas checks and size long .30 cal 200 grain boolits. I can’t fit the boolit into the damn machine. Maybe my top punch is too long? Seems like I had this issue years ago, but don’t recall what the solution is. Any ideas?

Boolit Master
    Yes, top punch too long. Normally have to remove the top punch to swap dies - but not for a bullet in the die.

With that said, you can also adjust stroke with the threaded screw that controls the distance into the die. Might look at that before taking meat off the top punch. I have a whole box full of Saeco top punches and they came in a few standard lengths but could be machined to fit a custom application.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by HWooldridge View Post
    Yes, top punch too long. Normally have to remove the top punch to swap dies - but not for a bullet in the die.

With that said, you can also adjust stroke with the threaded screw that controls the distance into the die. Might look at that before taking meat off the top punch. I have a whole box full of Saeco top punches and they came in a few standard lengths but could be machined to fit a custom application.
    I ran that screw full travel in both directions. Still not enough clearance.

Boolit Master
    How much short is the projectile tip from entering the top punch? You might be able to grind out one side and still get it to work - but the whole thing will need to be shortened if the cavity in the punch doesn't provide enough clearance. In other words, you'll need a shorter one if the bullet can't fit up inside the cavity and still enter the die.

Boolit Mold
    I hope this isn't a duplicate post. I'm a new old guy here.
    My Saeco tool did the same thing with the 311299 if I tried to put the bullet base into the top of the sizing die before I put the bullet nose into the nose punch. The nose of the bullet clanked into the side of the top punch. I got around it by tilting the bullet and putting the nose of it into the top punch first. I was then able to lift the bullet up into the top punch and swing the base of the bullet to the top of the die. Pushing the nose of the bullet up into the top punch created enough vertical clearance to get the bullet base over to the die.
    If you have already tried this, ignore this note and you may have to take a little off the end of the top punch.

Boolit Master
    what squid56 said; works for me too.

Boolit Buddy

I ended up loosening the two bottom cows bar screws a few turns. It now fits, but it’s tight

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cricco View Post
    I ended up loosening the two bottom cows bar screws a few turns. It now fits, but it’s tight
    Good idea! Creative problem solving at work.